2014. August 9 - Ryman Auditorium - Nashville, TN, United States

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by Marcel, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

Great news

2. RogerFla

RogerFla New Grayhead

I'd like to know if anyone knows where to find a link to the Ryman show as well.

3. Saintsfan

Saintsfan Member Grayhead

Wow - that is impresssive dedication!

4. Saintsfan

Saintsfan Member Grayhead

The links in previous posts worked for 24 hours. Yahoo does a different artist live every night 365 so it seems that once the next artist has their turn, the previous one gets bumped other than a song or two. Hope I am wrong though...

5. Achtung Bubba

Achtung Bubba New Grayhead

...and I thought I was crazy for making the trip from Atlanta. Great, GREAT show.

Since it was at the Ryman, they had venue-specific David Gray posters from Hatch Show Print, which has been around since 1879. I got a poster, which David and Robbie signed, and I'll try to post a picture of it when I can. In the meantime, this will give you an idea of what Hatch prints look like.

http://hatchshowprint.com/ContentPages/custom-designs-posters

While waiting around for David, I saw the young lady who ended up with the setlist sheet, and she let me take a picture of it, which I'll also post when I can. Gulls *WAS* listed for the encore, but either the show's length or energy prevented its being included. The encore was incredible as-is, and since I'm taking the missus to the Atlanta show tomorrow night, there's another chance to hear Gulls.

Like I told David and Robbie both, it was a HELLUVA show.

JackieJo, John and RosalieEP like this.
  6. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Thank you for answering my question, It really amuzed me to see him cracking himself up. He really laughed later in the song too. I thought it had to do with the lyric. Silver Lining is I think my all time favorite. For now;)

7. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

I managed to catch pretty much all of the gig the next day. Fantastic quality, awesome show. So jealous of everyone that attended!

Silver Lining was gorgeous! Can there be a more beautiful song??

JackieJo, WhereIfall2013 and carmel59 like this.
  8. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

I tried to capture the show on the replays but I couldn't get it to work on my laptop, which is starting to show its age which probably played a part in why I was struggling. in the end I watched the show replays twice in a row while attempting to sing along in between sneezing and coughing(I have a cold). What an utterly awesome show, I loved it! BOTHA to open was incredible, Silver Lining was so so so so great i really want to listen to that version again! and again! that 3 pack from as the crow flies to mutineers to Fugitive was excellent, it really got the crowd going. plus i am liking TOIL as a show closer.

Many thanks to Teemto and the fox for capturing most of the show. teemto is their anyway I could get a chance please? what are you missing? BOTHA and As The Crow flies have been posted on the yahoo page.

9. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

WOW - respect! That should be all Yahoo could give us?? *_*

But... ..the joke is genious :D o_O :D He is such an actor: how he looks around and tries to find the drums... :hilarious:

Edit: Oh no - as @WhereIfall2013 mentioned here are BOTHA and ATCF

I LUVEEEE As the Crow Flies!!!

This line " One part of me knowing - It's all in my head" drives me crazy ^^

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  10. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

How'd you like that BeeGees bit at the end? I loved it!

11. cdcase

cdcase Member Grayhead

I loved the BeeGees line!!! Would love to hear him cover that one.

Sent from meeemy iPhfone using rhTapatalkrnreeysseeexxedenpjghsdeewqtnr tyrermawrltryy

JackieJo likes this.
  12. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

Oops ... by "catch" I meant that I managed to see a playthrough the next day. Sadly I didn't have time to research how to record :(

13. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

Sorry of course that is what you meant! That was my feverish mind full of cold not thinking or reading straight.

Was so awesome! :)

14. Kt Blue

Kt Blue New Grayhead

So....did any one do a video grab of the show by chance?

15. indeediwill

indeediwill New Grayhead

I took a screen cap of the wifi networks after finding this.

Attached Files:

16. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Found some bits - the old links don't work anymore:

David:

Nemesis:

The One I Love:

As the Crow Flies: