2014. July 8 - Colston Hall - Bristol, United Kingdom

Discussion in '2014 June/July - UK and Ireland' started by Rena, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Everything about the 2014. July 8 - Colston Hall - Bristol, United Kingdom gig can be shared in here.

2. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

Only just catching up, interesting venue by the looks ?

If Teemto was going to this one he would probably get seats at the back of the stage.. :mad:

So, looks like I will be going to this one... Have not been to Bristol for quite a while, if there is anyone that can advice me on a nice hotel or B&B than that would be most welcome... Might even come over with my family... :p

Cheers

Teemto likes this.
  3. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

That venue is nice indeed. Been there for DG with DJK. It's one of those lovely old venues you only find in the UK.

I stayed at a nice hotel just a minute from the venue. Will look that up for you .

Marcel likes this.
  4. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

All my details booked now, anyone here going ?

5. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Have a great time guys x :)

Rena likes this.
  6. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

So looking forward to this gig. It will be interesting to see how much everything will have evolved from the first two concerts of the tour.

Sitting at the airport and hoping for our plane to show up eventually... Well.

7. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

lols yep that would be me - staring at the back of Keith's head... and what a fine view it would be.

Can't believe you're all going to another gig arghhh ENJOY

ak11 likes this.
  8. Julian

Julian Member Grayhead

If it's as good as Manchester,it'll be fantastic!!I wanted to go again and tried to get some tickets for Bristol but alas it was a forlorn hope so near to the show :(.I'm sure everyone going will have a great time.:)

9. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

@Julian did you see on the sell/swap tickets thread that a friend of mine has a very good third row centre spare ticket available? She would sell for face value. Just send me a PM if you want to go.

10. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

[​IMG]

Fugitive was not played but a fulminant Please Forgive Me instead.

The solo was first Shine !!! and then Fixative.

Another amazing evening with David and the magnificent band. So well worth missing out on the World Cup semi finals which our team won 7:1 :)

More later tomorrow...

xx

ak11, nevermind, RosalieEP and 6 others like this.
  11. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

What a special treat to get Fixative!

RosalieEP likes this.
  12. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

First ever Show absolutely brilliant loved the new songs the old songs and the ones in between

13. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Thank you for the setlist, Rena. So great that you got Fixative. I'm so glad David is playing it. Probably my favorite of all the Foundling songs.

Rena and RosalieEP like this.
  14. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

I love that closing run of Vegas, BOTHA, TOIL and Please Forgive Me. If you aren't blown away and on your feet after that run of songs you aren't a DG fan. Period.

Thanks for the setlist Rena, hope you all had a great night.

Rena, RosalieEP and nevermind like this.
  15. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

[​IMG]Another memorable evening with DG and his great band! As Rena said, worth missing the World Cup match! It is always a pleasure to have some nice grayheads around: Marcel, Wendy and Rena :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfie, Rena, John and 1 other person like this.
  16. Alex

Alex Member Grayhead

Hi. I was also in Bristol. Was luck enough to be in the front row aisle seat. To be that close to it all was sublime. I have nearly 300 pics of the night and will be sharing soon :)

17. Alex

Alex Member Grayhead

I will be posting some pics today. I was so fortunate to have seats bright in front of him to get some half-decent shots (I hope). What a performance. Mesmerising. Hypnotic. Emotive. Passionate. Gray at his best again. If only he had more dates, or even a date in Wales? I even went online today to see if there were any offers for a cheapy trip to the US for one of his shows, but not within my budget (reality). Historically, he does the odd gig in London/Ireland towards UK winter time?

JackieJo and wolfie like this.
  18. Alex

Alex Member Grayhead

Also, we stayed at the Radisson Blu - fantastic hotel. Only £75 (lastminute.com) including a fantastic breakfast feast and directly opposite practically. Early check in and very late checkout. Worth mentioning that for future reference. Bar is also 24hrs!

JackieJo and nevermind like this.
  19. Alex

Alex Member Grayhead

Before I upload the pics today, I was thinking of watermarking them. As a gesture, would it be cool if I added the forums URL? It would be good if they did get shared about the web and give some publicity maybe?

Rena likes this.
  20. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

This sounds fantastic Andrew. Go and watermark them as much as you like :)