2014. June 24 - Royal Albert Hall - London, United Kingdom

Discussion in '2014 June/July - UK and Ireland' started by Rena, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Looking forward to meeting with other Grayheads for pre-gig drinks and food, but would also love to watch the England match. I will arrive at my hotel in Kensington mid afternoon, Seriously can't wait x :)

daveeliver, John and nevermind like this.
  2. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Looking forward to seeing you again at The Anglesea Arms at about 4 to 430! :)

3. daveeliver

daveeliver Member Grayhead

Hi all,
    It seems as if The Anglesea Arms in South Kensington
    15 Selwood Terrace, South Kensington, SW7 3QG
    is most suitable for the people who have responded.
    It's quite a busy pub especially when sunny, but because of England's early exit from the World Cup, won't be as busy as it could have been.
    I think people may be there from about 415 onwards.
    Food is served from 6, and I'm picking my tickets up from the Royal Albert Hall before then,
    See you on Tuesday, all welcome, the more the better!
    Dave

Rena and nevermind like this.
  4. Twan

Twan New Grayhead

Hi, I'm specially for David Gray in London. The combination Royal Albert Hall and David Gray, is something i don't wanna mis.
    Good idea to meet each other before the concert. I try to be their.
    See you Thuesday,
    Twan:)

5. jan

jan Member Grayhead

FINALLY all you on that side are going to get to hear the new stuff.... Yeah!!!! :singing:
    congrats to all of you who held out and resisted the temptations of all our US shows posts and new release samples...
    I dont know how you did it with so many posts going on in here for weeks now!!
    Cant wait to hear all your thoughts once you get to preview the new material.
    Enjoy!!!! :joyful:

6. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Thanks @jan!! It was a hard time, but all the reviews and the new music made it easier.
    @all others: I can't wait to see you all and to get to know you. My flight goes tomorrow morning at 6am :eek: So I'll see you there ;)
    Of course I will write my thoughts here afterwards :rolleyes:

7. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

What a spectacular venue for you all to hear this music!!! It would be epic to get DVD from such a place!!!

Rena likes this.
  8. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Hope everyone enjoys the show tonight!

Rena likes this.
  9. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Still on a train into London and getting real excited about seeing them at such a beautiful venue. Even more so because I have been at last night's show and know what a superb performance this is going to be.

Looking forward to seeing you all at either the pre show meet up or at the RAH.

Rena xx

10. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

I am picturing everything and getting really excited even though I am really far away! Have a great time at the meet-up and enjoy the show everyone!

Rena likes this.
  11. RosalieEP

@wolfie , I was half expecting you to just start posting about being there in the UK.

jan, Rena and wolfie like this.
  12. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

My 25th DG show tonight. can't wait. last night's setlist has got me very excited.

Plus the new tour merch looks great. See you there!

JackieJo and jan like this.
  13. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

Was lovely to see everyone! Hope you all got home safely; unfortunately I immediately got ushered out of the building and couldn't say final goodbyes. Home now.

Oh and GREAT GIG :D

nevermind, Rena, RosalieEP and 2 others like this.
  14. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

OMG.

This.Was.Absolutely.Amazing.

This might as well have been the best David Gray concert I have ever been to.

The music.The energy. The vibes. The David. The Band.

I am so so blown away by how utterly superb the quality of the music was tonight. This has left me breathless in awe.

Here is tonight's setlist:

[​IMG]

The wonderful evening was started by John Smith who so improved since I last saw him opening for David in 2009. Everyone who came in late - you missed a treat! The audience was quite enthusiastic about him and rightfully so.

It was great seeing some lovely people before and after the show: Dave and Chloƫ, Tracey and Chris, Wendy, Sheila, Ryan, Paul and Kaz! A pity Roy could not make it this time and sorry I did not have a chance to say hello to your parents Paul. It was great to meet you for the first time John. And happy for you for meeting DG.

More tomorrow, I will have to get up in four hours to catch a plane.

Nighty night :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    JackieJo, nevermind, ak11 and 5 others like this.
  15. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Rena, thanks for the setlist and your thoughts. Sounds like tonight's show was a gem! I really think this whole Mutineers tour is going to blow people away. The quality of the band and the quality of the music are just so strong.

Interesting that Snow in Vegas was not played again. Was Babylon really done as a solo in the encore?

So happy it was such a great night for you and everyone else and I hope you have a safe trip home.

Rena and jan like this.
  16. jan

jan Member Grayhead

as always--just gotta love your passionate reactions....
    and wow..." This might as well have been the best David Gray concert I have ever been to."

that's quite a statement coming from you!!:)

nevermind and Rena like this.
  17. WhereIfall2013

What a night. Not long got back home and I'm still on a high, fantastic show at RAH. The new and old music was sensational. This really is a great new album, Of the new stuff Mutineers, Birds Of The High Artic and Girl Like You were my favs.

Fantastic to meet new and familiar faces, Rena - always a pleasure sorry we couldn't speak more. Hopefully we will see more of each other on the road in 2014 And 2015!

I'll probably post more memories of what was definitely one of the most memorable of 25 shows. Here's to the next 25! ;)

nevermind, ak11, Rena and 1 other person like this.
  18. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

What a perfect night! This place is special and so was David and his band! The sound was even better than in Birmingham and the band was really tight! Very impressing performance! This was one of the best concerts I've been!
    Great to meet old and new Grayheads: John, Dave and Chloe, Tracy and Chris, Wendy, Ryan, Paul, Sheila ! Hope we have the chance to meet up with you folks soon again!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

More photos here: http://life.royalalberthall.com/2014/06/25/david-gray-24-june-2014/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackieJo, jan, wolfie and 2 others like this.
  19. RosalieEP

Sounds like such a special show! I'm glad so many Grayheads got to be there for it!

Rena likes this.
  20. WhereIfall2013

jan likes this.