2014 Tour

Discussion in 'Tours 2014' started by Elysium, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Eileen, RosalieEP and nevermind like this.
  2. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

I just saw this and to say I'm excited would be a gross understatement. :D

Eileen, RosalieEP and Elysium like this.
  3. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Good morning friends. This sounds exciting, doesn't it?

Any thoughts, hopes and speculations about the places and venues and kind of shows?

Eileen likes this.
  4. BlueH20

BlueH20 New Grayhead

Hoping he plays where I live and that all the beautifulpeople I know can be there. It will be on a beach where I have let happy face balloons fly, beside a big lake, with a spider named Hugo. There will be dogs running around and we will all have turkey. Thank you.

5. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Liverpool or London on a weekend would be nice!:happy:

Eileen and daveeliver like this.
  6. Main

Main Active Grayhead

YES! Very exciting! Hoping for a little trip with hubby to the UK to see him in concert! :)

7. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

All I know is that if it's in the Eastern half of the U.S., I will find a way to be there.

Eileen likes this.
  8. wolfie

Anywhere and any kind of show, please! :) The news of possible shows got me so excited I couldn't sleep last night so the sooner the better. ;)

Eileen and Marcel like this.
  9. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

Nevermind i'm so with you on this one!!!

I'd just have to attend both if this were the case :p

Fantastic news.

10. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

ummm err not meaning to be a kill joy or anything but not sure this is going to be much more than a handful of gigs per the note I got this morning..........but it does all sound up in the air as well so fingers crossed!!

personally i find this fairly disappointing but somewhat confirmatory of my views that he isn't near the finish line on the release...........so in many ways I find this additional sidebar not only another distraction but somewhat of an excuse to delay

which actually isn't that bad since now we can have management show for the palooza and then an easy way to pick the next support act in the states lmao!

11. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

Great news about "Sounding out, part two" :happy:

I hope though that the success of part one did not give him too much doubt about his upcoming album...

I say go for it, but don't delay the release of the new album please... we are looking forward to some new stuff... :peeking:

Oh and yes about the next support act :watching: .. and Ford anytime !

Marcel.

12. davidcotyalex

trying..............you of all know that has been the plan!!!! :hungry:

13. wolfie

David's own message yesterday said it would only be a handful of shows so I'm sure no one is expecting any more than that - I'm certainly not. I don't care if it's just one show - I will take anything! I do hope something comes together.

The long delay for the new album has been hard. This time last year I was so excited and thinking what a great year it would be with the new album and a tour and all that. Then nothing happened, really, until December. So this year is already off to a better start with even a glimmer of hope for some shows. Would I like the album out soon? Of course! But if David's not ready (for whatever reason) then I will take what I can get - which is hopefully (hopefully!!!!) some shows. :)

Eileen likes this.
  14. davidcotyalex

not if you look at all the idiocies on fb or instagram wolfie lmfao! :arghh:

15. wolfie

Well there you go - I do not read the facebook or instagram replies to these kinds of posts by David because the "please play in..." posts go on and on and on and drive me insane. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    Eileen likes this.
  16. davidcotyalex

absotutely...........I just get a kick out of checking on the magnitude of the response

or the occasional attempt at a conversation or question lol!

KirstenH likes this.
  17. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

The prospect of getting a few shows on both sides of the Atlantic before the release of the album is just wonderful .

I do not believe this has any impact on the release date of the album. According to David's own words on Instagram he has finished recording the songs and he and Andy Barlow have finished producing it. What happens next is not really in David's hands. The physical production of the hardcopy CDs , making all the arrangements for advertising and promotion etc.

Actually David has this lovely habit of playing shows before the release of a new album. I remember St. John's and those nature sanctuaries. He loves to use the opportunity to play his music in some nice unusual settings and in a slightly different arrangement which is simply not possible when being on a big record release tour.

I am quite busy this year and cannot go to as many concerts as I used to but certainly will try to attend a few.

Did I say wonderful news already?

Eileen likes this.
  18. davidcotyalex

I am all for the gigs I think all who know me understand that........i live for that shite! :joyful:

I though read "well in advance of the record" so I guess my interpretation is different.......my only positive takeaway again is they are still looking for support end april lmfao! :wacky:

19. MsChillman

MsChillman New Grayhead

Hey everybody! So what's the speculation for the US? Do you think the "handful" will be sticking to one coast or scattered?

Eileen likes this.
  20. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

Hey Christine !

Not so much speculation, but if Ireland was any example he should be all over the place... Also if the weather stays as icy as it was lately the tour could be ending in Canada :p

Then again, as we Europeans always hear... "everything is bigger in America" so not sure if a "handful"is doable all over the country, as the logistics will not work...

My guess is max 5-10 gigs, in small venues (although see one line above...), and if they are as remote as some were in Ireland then I would start refueling :)

Hope you all get to see what we had in Ireland, well worth it !

Marcel.