2015.07.17 and 18 Hollywood Bowl with Amos Lee

Discussion in '2015 June July USA' started by Rena, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

David will perform two nights at the Hollywood Bowl with Amos Lee on July 17 and 18.

Tickets will go on sale on May 3.

There will be a preslge in davidgray.com on April 23 at 10 am PDT.

They mention an orchestra. It might turn out to be something unique and special.

2. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

This sounds awesome! always wanted to go and see someone at the Hollywood Bowl. wish I could go!

3. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Officially confirmed now:

[​IMG]

"On July 17 & 18, David and Amos Lee will be performing at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. Part of David’s set will feature songs accompanied by the Los Angeles Philharmonic.

Presale tickets go on sale April 23 through DavidGray.com -https://tickets.davidgray.com/"

This sounds really really special! Btw: The Pic is from the concert in Utrecht! You can see me and Rena there in the front row!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Rena and KirstenH like this.
  4. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

The same dates as the Eaux Claires Festival...;). Both look pretty wonderful.

5. Lauren

Lauren New Grayhead

I'm already pricing out my trip to LA from Boston I'm going to save every penny so I can make it to this... July 18th is my 30th birthday--can't think of a better way to spend it!

Amanda S and wolfie like this.
  6. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Sounds so very lovely. I wish it was a tour.

cdcase likes this.
  7. Amanda S

Amanda S New Grayhead

Hope to see you there! Would be great to meet another superfan!!

Helen_Can likes this.
  8. Helen_Can

Helen_Can Member Grayhead

I'm back. Yes I will be there BOTH night and I Cannot Wait. AH YEAH!!!!!;)

John likes this.
  9. SoCalFan

SoCalFan New Grayhead

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in! I have tickets for the Santa Barbara Bowl and the Hollywood Bowl and I am pondering tickets for Humphrey's down in San Diego. Does anyone have a hotel recommendation for Santa Barbara? I'd like to maybe make a mini vacation out if it. So excited!

nevermind likes this.
  10. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

Santa barb ain't cheap but if money not an issue then I just love the vibe of the Biltmore (four seasons). One of my fave US hotels. But really anywhere as you will love it as not only does it have one of my fave hotels but the bowl absolutely one of the best outdoor US venues. Have a blast!

11. Helen_Can

Helen_Can Member Grayhead

Hi Lauren
    I'll be flying out of Boston for these concerts as well, too funny.
    Portland, Maine and Radio City Hall were smoking hot. Soooo looking forward to LA! I never come here anymore and this is the very first post I read...how random!!! :)
    Helen

12. SoCalFan

SoCalFan New Grayhead

I'm in for the 18th! So glad to have found this forum, y'all are my people, seriously! ;-)

VickiC and RosalieEP like this.
  13. SoCalFan

SoCalFan New Grayhead

(Oh, and the SB Bowl is PHENOMENAL! I would like to see every show there.)

14. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    John likes this.
  15. nevermind

A snippet of yesterday's performance! Can't wait for your review and photos @wolfie :)

John, RosalieEP and wolfie like this.
  16. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

oh my gosh, fantastic!!!

John likes this.
  17. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

@nevermind ...

Setlist for Hollywood Bowl - July 17, 2015:

Birds of the High Arctic

Sail Away

TOIL

Slow Motion

Snow in Vegas (with LeAnn Rimes)

TYL

Jackdaw

PFM

Alibi

Babylon

-----------

Shine (solo)

I had never been to the Hollywood Bowl before last night. What an experience! I shared a box with five people I'd never met before who were all there primarily to see DG. Fun and nice group of people. I do wish that more of the people in the best seats close to the stage had been a little more into it but those are subscriber seats so maybe not there as fans of either act. Nevertheless it truly is a special venue that I am thrilled to have experienced.

I loved Amos Lee's set although no Pony (which I expected given the circumstances but I did miss it). Violin was my favorite of the night. Each time I hear him and his band perform I enjoy it more. I hope to catch his next tour. He seemed so honored to be on that stage at the Hollywood Bowl. It really moved me.

Atfter the intermission it was time for DG. BOTHA with the Philharmonic was incredible!! Best version ever. TOIL had a very strange beginning with the Philharmonic playing alone and then David and the band came in. Slow Motion, Jackdaw, and Alibi with the lush Philharmonic sound coming through were gorgeous. My favorites of the set. I truly feel privileged to have heard those songs the way they were played last night. Snow in Vegas with LeAnn just isn't my thing and last night didn't change my mind. Beautiful ending with just David and his guitar on that big stage in that big venue doing Shine. For a night with so many larger than life moments it was rather surreal to have it end that way. Pure and simple and every bit as magical as the songs done with full accompaniment.

Saddest part of the whole evening was that due to the curfew Amos and DG each only played a bit over an hour. I really wish the show would have started a bit earlier to allow each to play longer.

Just a heads up for anyone going Saturday night - DG will be opening this one instead of closing it. Just didn't want anyone to be surprised. Enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Rena, Main, John and 4 others like this.
  18. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Thank you wolfie!!! When I heard he was to be with the Philharmonic, the first thing I thought of was BOTHA. How I wish I could have heard that!!!

RosalieEP, wolfie and nevermind like this.
  19. nevermind

Thank you, Wolfie! :))))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfie likes this.
  20. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

WP_20150717_22_13_05_Pro.jpg WP_20150717_22_18_40_Pro.jpg WP_20150717_21_45_44_Pro.jpg WP_20150717_22_25_46_Pro.jpg

Guys I am sorry these are not better. I wish I had pulled out my camera instead of just using my phone. Also I hope I posted them correctly (if not sorry!!) - the Internet here is giving me fits!!

Rena, nevermind and RosalieEP like this.