2015.6.16 - Wolftrap with Amos Lee, Vienna, VA

Discussion in '2015 June July USA' started by DogearedCarrie, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Have a great time tonight!

And please come back here and tell us all about it :)

2. HB in VA

HB in VA Member Grayhead

Setlist:
    Birds
    Back in the world
    My oh my
    Fugitive
    Slow motion
    Night blindness
    TYL
    Mutineers
    TOIL
    Silver Lining
    Please Forgive Me

Encore:
    Babylon
    Sail Away

nevermind and WhereIfall2013 like this.
  3. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Was David closing or opening at that show?

Thank you so much for posting a setlist. Much appreciated!

nevermind likes this.
  4. HB in VA

HB in VA Member Grayhead

Amos opened. He was awesome. Very entertaining! As for Mr. Gray, it wasn't the best of my 13 David shows, but he still did not disappoint.

nevermind and Rena like this.
  5. DogearedCarrie

DogearedCarrie Member Grayhead

It was a great show, but he's definitely still having vocal problems. It's too bad he doesn't have a night off before NYC.

The merch is very well stocked - in addition to several t-shirts and a sweatshirt, they also have a can koozie and a sticker. I was most excited about the sticker as my last DG sticker was 2 cars ago. I bought 3 so I will have back-ups.

nevermind and Rena like this.
  6. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

The first videos appeared:

Nightblindness

Silver Lining

carmel59, RogerFla, RosalieEP and 2 others like this.
  7. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Just saw this on YT as well ^^
    Awesome version of Nightblindness!! Can't wait too hear it! The End is just magical.. :eek::oops:

Rena likes this.
  8. Andrew

Andrew New Grayhead

Does anyone know what time Amos and David actaully went on stage so I have a better idea for Saturday at Artpark. UGH, disappointed! Both sets from their setlist seem kinda short! Please tell me I'm wrong!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  9. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thank you for finding the videos of Nightblindness and Silver Lining, @nevermind.

So beautiful. I really hope those will make it onto the setlist in Lucerne. That version of Nightblindness is dark and sad and beautiful. And Silver Lining... "you don't know what it's like..."

I hope David's voice will get better soon. I like the hoarse touch but am aware he won't be happy with it.

John likes this.
  10. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Regarding the shorter setlists. Well I am afraid that's the downside to a co headlining tour as both artists will have to cut down their usual sets to shorter versions that fit into the time restrictions .

In addition to that David wrote on Instagram that he had to leave out a few songs due to voice problems too.

I am sure it will be great anyway and hope you will be happy with what you will get, @Andrew.

11. Andrew

Andrew New Grayhead

Absolutely, always enjoy a night out with DG and with the added bonus of Amos Lee, what a night! This will be mine and my wife's 5th time to see DG and 1st to see Amos we cant wait. I dont think it would matter if they both played 4 hour sets it will still feel like we didn't get enough. I'm sure you know the feeling.

12. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Oh yes. I know that feeling very well. There cannot be enough DG in my life anyway : )

Have a lovely time, the two of you!

13. HB in VA

HB in VA Member Grayhead

Amos hit the stage at 7:15. David came on at 8:55.

14. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

a couple thoughts

- they always play openers conservatively
    - per the above the voice issues are not helping
    - the most important thing to keep in mind though is you should check with YOUR venue on expected times because out of courtesy there are a couple shows (red rocks I think is one) where DG is going off first

15. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Beautiful Nightblindness! Wish I could have gone, but I'm greatful for all the new recordings now. Thanks for sharing!

16. RogerFla

RogerFla New Grayhead

Great show at Wolf Trap last night. My first time seeing Amos Lee... blew me away #soulswag. David has been suffering some issues with his voice recently, however, for the most part, he sounded fine to me. Yes, the sets are a bit shorter. Amos played 10 songs. David played about 13. The sets are a bit shorter as the two of them are co-headlining. I'm happy to see David at any capacity. The night was magical. The weather cooled up a bit with a breeze and Wolf Trap has an amazing sound system. A treat to get 'Nightblindness'!! but no 'Nemesis'. The highlight of David's set for me? 'Silver Lining' ... words can't express

Birds
    Back In The World
    My Oh My
    Fugitive
    Slow Motion
    Nightblindness
    This Year's Love
    Mutineers
    The One I Love
    Silver Lining
    Please Forgive Me
    ***E***
    Babylon
    Sail Away

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    nevermind, Rena, VickiC and 1 other person like this.
  17. Andrew

Andrew New Grayhead

Thanks!!

18. RogerFla

RogerFla New Grayhead

Thank you for these!!!

nevermind likes this.
  19. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

I couldn't agree more, transporting..........I hope I get to hear that one in Rochester Hills!!!

nevermind, Rena and John like this.
  20. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

I second that. Can't wait to hear this in Lucerne.

carmel59 likes this.