23rd November 2014 Café Gloria Cologne, Germany

Discussion in '2014 November December Continental Europe and UK' started by John, Sep 30, 2014.

1. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

WOHOOOO!! New tour date in Cologne, Germany announced at the GLORIA THEATER, 23rd November 2014. For tickets and more information, please visit:http://bit.ly/1mKpnEy

This is awesome!

2. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Ticket bought! The Gloria is a great small venue - I saw Birdy there in february this year. My fifth David Gray show :rolleyes:

3. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Fantastic news :)

See you there!

John likes this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Nice, can't wait to see David and you Rena :) As I hope I will bring someone new, a friend, to David Gray - maybe we can meet before the gig and go together?

Rena likes this.
  5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Sure @John . Let's arrange something closer to the date :)

John likes this.
  6. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Great @Rena, we will find something good to eat and drink to celebrate the day :)

Rena likes this.
  7. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

Yep, got mine, too!!!!
    Finally, this will be eventually the only chance, and we have got it made. Congrats Rena, John and ......... me!

Love, Birdie

8. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Nice @Birdie!! I bought a second one for a friend of mine. Maybe we can all meet together before the gig?

9. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

Just have ordered a second one for my hubby who wants to come with me this time. Last time in Cologne I had to go on my own, but to my great luck, Rena was there...
    But - just as it is only us three discussing about this gig - we could do it in german as well.....:happy: Yes, maybe we can meet before, let's try to get things together.
    Ooooooooh, I am so excited!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!! @Rena: number what is it for you this time?

Love, Birdie

10. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

By the way: I read a few tweets and instags of David, that he is struggeling with his voice the last few days:(. Hope he will be better for us then.....:singing:

Love, Birdie

11. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

Countdown is running............ Only 26 more days to go................ Anybody heard anything about eventually supporting act?

Love, Birdie

John likes this.
  12. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Not heard anything about a support act but chances are it's going to be either John Smith or David Kitt. We would be very lucky with either if them. They both did a great job opening for David on earlier legs of this tour.

And can't wait to see you all. Maybe any of you would like to suggest a place for the meetup? Il

13. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

So nothing official yet... I think latest we meet will be about six in front of the closed doors....:smuggrin:

Love, Birdie

14. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

I guess John Smith will be missed, sadly! I would love to see him again. He gives a concert in London november 22nd.. I can't imagine that he flies to cologne to join the band for 3 concerts... But who knows :D
    I will ask my parents, where we could meet.. They are familiar with cologne and can suggest a place to meet. I want to go in the first row.. ;) :rolleyes::D

15. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

We only have to be there early enough - about an hour, before the door opens, is enough for first row in most cases. Last time in Cologne it was that way, and the venue we were to was slightly bigger than the Gloria. As I already wrote: at about six in front of the closed doors! Yet I cannot make any promisses for meeting up earlier, haven't got any clear plans for that day until now ( only three more weeks....)

Love, Birdie

16. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

17. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Hey there, I just can't wait for tomorrow. I will be in front of the Gloria at 5.. I just want to be in the first row in front of David to rock with him ^^ My Dream: David Gray concert, unseated and 1st row in front of him :D Of course If I'm the first there of us you can come and stay with me to be sure that we all come in the first row :) I will be in cologne from 13:eek:o to make sure that we are in time ^^ I will go to see a bit of the town with a friend of mine. If you want to meet up earlier then we should write via pn.. I guess @Birdie will come to the cafe.. What do you think @Rena of a meeting? :D

Here is your poster @Birdie:
    IMG_1613.JPG

And here is my new one:
    IMG_1612.JPG

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  18. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Lets go !

19. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Have fun, folks!

20. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

What a fantastic night. Such an audience, such a David, such passion, such a band!!! I have hardly ever seen such enthusiasm. Wow.

Here is the setlist

Arctic
    Girl
    Summer
    Incredible
    Cake
    BITW
    Crow
    Mutineers
    My Oh My
    Alibi
    Nemesis
    Gulls

The solo was

Shine!
    Hospital Food!
    Dancing With Both Feet Off The Ground!!! - (sweetness!!!)
    a fulminant Babylon!

TYL
    Fugitive
    (Kathleen - on the setlist but not played except for in the rehearsal)
    Forgive
    Silver

Encore
    Sail
    TOIL

As David put it addressing the audience ' you are so sweet tonight' and they were blown away by David indeed and showing it.

It's high time for a full European tour I think.

It was great meeting Marcel again as always and John and his friend from Nepal and Birdie and her husband.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    wolfie, RosalieEP, Main and 3 others like this.