Bruce

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by ak11, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

still ****ing great

2. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

I'm not a huge fan, but I was tempted to buy tickets to see him in concert when he comes here this spring. Couldn't quite do it for the price, but I've heard that he puts on an amazing show.

3. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

New EP out April 19 I hear, and yes he is still great although somehow the mass interest makes him a bit less appealing maybe ?

4. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

**** bruce :)

5. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

lmao

davidcotyalex likes this.
  6. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

ak11 likes this.
  7. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

this is greatness...............fan or no fan

oh and ak you will be happy to know that the quiet life boys were all giving me serious sheite about my taste for bruce.............they claimed they were gonna boycot the palooza if I didn't change my toood..............to which of course I told them to totally go feccck off! :p

ak11 likes this.
  8. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

Watched that yesterday with a huge grin on my face! :) And yeah, I can only feel sorry for you for not getting bruce, lol!

carmel59 and davidcotyalex like this.
  9. carmel59

30 years!!!!

ak11 likes this.
  10. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

Some of the BITUSA outtakes are great:

Follow that dream:

Stand on it:

Man at the top:

Wages of sin: (I was there:D)

11. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

ak11 likes this.
  12. carmel59

really like it, what a beautiful arrangement too.

13. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

This isn't that recent, but it's a another Zimny video, and probably the best one he's done.

14. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

And AK I am beyond jealous that you were there at Turku to see them play 'Wages Of Sin'. One of my favourite unreleased songs, when that video was posted I literally screamed. Utterly beautiful.

True that Dream Baby Dream video is excellent. After going to 5 shows on the Wrecking Ball tour I was moved by that video, amazing shows especially Cardiff almost exactly a year ago.

15. carmel59

AK that video made my day. When Springsteen first came on the scene I was a big fan. (Now I've really aged myself:confused:) Then I just didn't pay attention . There was a gap when music wasn't in my life much. Thank you guys for sharing this excellent music. I'm paying much closer attention once again. He is one of those artists that has really aged well. Robert Plant is another. Didn't care for him earlier, now really appreciate his talent. Please continue with sharing those rare finds or what you consider the best!!! This is why I love this forum. Musical tastes overlap. (but then there's that Future Islands......:eek:;))

WhereIfall2013 and ak11 like this.
  16. carmel59

Of the recent LPs, what would you guys suggest that I get? I'd like to get my husband one for his birthday. We have early stuff, Born in the USA, Nebraska and The River. Miss seeing Clarence in the mix also.

17. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

I knew Wages before and it was a great moment, but to me that show's best moment was just before it, they played Ain't Good Enough For You, another rarity! Also, got to help Bruce crowdsurf on that second show. And on the first show he came to us and offered his hand so of course we grabbed it.. the sweatiest hand I've ever touched :):):):rolleyes::oops::):):)Sorry, sounded a bit like a 14 year old fangirl there.

As for the "recent" albums.. I don't think you can go wrong with either The Rising, Magic or Wrecking Ball. Those are the top 3 in my opinion on of the reunion era stuff. If you don't have the live albums, I really recommend the Live in New York album (it's from the early 00's), captures a Bruce show really well, has a great alternative version of the River, great electric Atlantic City, Lost in the Flood, Prove it, Two Hearts, electric Youngstown etc.. just great stuff.

18. carmel59

Excellent, I'm going to start with the live album., then work on collecting the others.

WOW I guess the live album is a collector LP. Have to set my sights a little lower.............:(

19. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

It's on Amazon?

20. carmel59

Yes, for $280!!! But that is for vinyl............ I've seen it somewhere else to for over $400. But I can get the DVD for $13.00 which would be great to watch. If I have to go digital I may as well be able to watch it.