David Gray - Hold on to nothing - Paisley, Bare Bones Tour 2007

Discussion in 'Live Performances' started by nevermind, Mar 19, 2014.

1. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

David Gray - Hold on to nothing - live at Paisley, Scotland 2007

'Bare Bones’ Acoustic Tour!

BTW If I remember correctly this was the first time we met djk :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Crazy Canadian, Amanda S, jan and 2 others like this.
  2. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Seven years later I'm still kicking myself for having to miss that tour. lol Just gorgeous - thanks for posting!

nevermind likes this.
  3. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

jan, carmel59 and nevermind like this.
  4. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

I missed out on this gig, where a fight broke out I heard, DG told the kicker offers to foff and go and sort it out in the Clyde.
    I was lucky enough to attend the Kilmarnock gig a few days later, which was a gem, the set list was amazing.

:)

nevermind likes this.
  5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

That gig was amazing. David and the band outdid my expectations by far.

And yes, that was the first time we met DJK. And a couple of days later on the same tour we met, Elysium.

JackieJo and nevermind like this.
  6. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

Doses anybody have anymore audio from this tour, hold on ... Sounds amazing

7. davidcotyalex

I don't understand the question Dave? I have the gig so it must be up on archive.org or something?

8. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

Hi thanks for your reply I have looked on archive and it doesn't seem to be there , is there a way you could share?

When do you meet with Mr Ford, I saw he tweeted he was on his way from Heathrow

9. davidcotyalex

well there will be several occasions with mr ford :)

if you like down in the other music section there is a lot of nonsense about dca-palooza where ford will be performing - middle of the second half of the bill so getting the prominence he deserves. i was fortunate enough to greet him on his way into the city and had quite the hang until about 3:30 or 4 upon which we agreed to rally in a few hours time and had breakfast on the highline which was wonderful...........he gets here next friday after the austin gig with jarrod - there is a room tucked away on the second floor that my wife considers ford's room and has done it up quite nicely this year :)

so he will play the house and then he is part of the crew headed to austin to see wooden wand play the mohawk on the sunday after

I then am back in nyc with him when he plays rockwood :)

I am a bit jammed these days but if ak doesn't step in here at some point then after the DG spring tour I will try to figure it out .......... if you remind me because I am expecting to be fairly brain dead by may 3 :eek::D:cool:

nevermind likes this.
  10. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

sounds like a great time ahead :) you'll need a vacation to recover will you be recording at yours again? Thanks i'll nudge you gently for the DG show enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend

11. davidcotyalex

yes but a new approach this year..........we are bringing in tyler kalberg and the main goal is a 5 - 10 minute video piece on the whole weekend rehearsal dinner included - but he will also do some straight up videos and pics as well :)

http://tylerkalberg.com/

and precisely on the vacation

who is this btw??!! o_O

12. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

David it's David from the other David it's forum, I am seeing this David for the first time in July

davidcotyalex likes this.
  13. davidcotyalex

well **** me if I didn't think daveliver was the dave from the other david's forum?!

signed

david

and very nice!

14. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

The Bare Bones Paisley taping was taken down from archive.org at some point because it's in MP3 format. And they insist on hosting higher quality recordings only.

Which is a joke if you ask me because some other recordings in a technical superior format are actually lower quality because of background noise etc etc. Well.

And DCA you must have met daveliver at that charity gig in London in Feb last year. The one where both DG and Ford performed.

nevermind likes this.
  15. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

I was lucky enough to listen to that recording. I think it's a shame that this good quality recording is vanished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

DCA et all, wires crossed, I am, obviously a different, Dave, from DF forums we chatted a while back you linked me in the Snelly audio & we spoke about a wedding show DF played in Bath, apologies daveliver I was not intending to steal your identity

back on topic can anyone share the mp3

thanks

JackieJo and Marcel like this.
  17. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

Hi is there an update on the video thanks

18. davidcotyalex

not yet..............

19. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

Many thanks ... going right back would you be able to share the mp3 of the paisley bare bones

20. Dave

Dave Member Grayhead

hi DCA any news on any Ford video/audio thanks