David Gray London February 22nd War Child UK's 2015 "Passport Back To The Bars"

Discussion in 'Tour 2015' started by John, Jan 27, 2015.

1. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

nevermind and Rena like this.
  2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thanks John. I've just seen this on his FB page. Great news ! And "intimate solo set" sounds like the ultimate experience too.

So - who is going to enter the competition? This may come as a surprise but I have already bought a bag full of entry tickets.

wolfie likes this.
  3. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

I hope you are lucky to be choosen @Rena.
    I would wish to go.. but I have to save all for my ireland trip ;)
    And this sound sooo special! #BackToTheBars #yeah

Rena likes this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Ooooookay,
    I couldn't resist.. Signed some tickets as well.. It is for a good cause! :)

Rena likes this.
  5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Fingers crossed for you, John!

John likes this.
  6. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

I'm sooo excited for the drawing! It would be a blast to see him playing @ the Jazzcafe! Fingers crossed for all who joined the charity. I'm glad David supports many charities like this! Hopefully see you there guys :)

nevermind and Rena like this.
  7. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thanks John and good luck to you and everyone participating. There was that email from war child yesterday... a real teaser which added to the anticipation.

Wait and see...

John likes this.
  8. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Yeah, got this real teaser as well!!

9. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

@Rena, have you already heard something??

10. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Nothing, John. They said the info would come 24 hours after the draw but I have been checking my email every few minutes throughout the day...

And how about you?

11. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

I have heard nothing, yet, as well :/ Same here, I checked my mails every 5 minutes o_O
    Hopefully we get a mail soon :oops:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  12. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

I did not win :( I'm really sad!!
    What's with you @Rena??

13. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Just saw the email. I did win tickets. Chances were slim because the venue is tiny. I am very happy now.

So sorry for you now, John. There still is a slim chance though because tickets need to be confirmed within 48 hours. There is no way of reselling them because they are only valid with photo ID so those who cannot go will give them back. And then there will be a second draw.

wolfie, WhereIfall2013 and RosalieEP like this.
  14. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Wow!!! Damn, you are so lucky.. :oops: Congratulations to you! I wish you a great experience!
    I'm a bit sad now - I've never won anything in a lottery :( Mhmm, I don't calculate too much on my second chance ^^ :D But we will see!

In the end I think, it's good, that there are at least two great fans to be there at the small concert... When I see how the three last tickets are selled on eBay (Link 1, Link 2 and Link 3) I get a bit angry, even if it's just for a good cause, but so many joined the charity and spent some money for the draw and now they give them away to they most rich person who bids and wants to go there just for beeing seen there or something likewise.. I mean 270 Euro some days before the final... WHAT THE F***!! That's a bit much or not.. Even for a charity, when they could have give them away :) (I hope no one of you is bidding there :D).

Rena likes this.
  15. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Wow! Can't wait for DG's solo concert :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfie likes this.
  16. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thanks a lot John. I am aware of how lucky I am. Of course, I will report!

I can see how disappointed you must be and feel sorry for you. The tickets are way too expensive for you now. It is a lot of money. But those three pairs of tickets are not any given back by winners; they were especially put aside for the auctions and they come with dinner (dinner seats at the restaurant overlooking the show from the balcony usually are 150£ Per person plus the price for food per person according to ticketmaster and the Jazz Cafe's website) plus a shirt plus a signed poster. So at the moment they even are below the actual price.

To be perfectly honest with you I would bid in that auction to see David if I had not won tickets. He is worth every cent although it is a lot of money. I will keep my fingers crossed for you getting one of the rejected tickets from the auction!

John likes this.
  17. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Well, I guess you are perfectly right! It's great to support such a charity-action!! :D But....

... it's a bit crazy to spend so much money for seeing any artist.. (OK, it's DG :D) Only some people can afford the money for going there.. Who knows what I would have done if I... :D

That's great! I wish you and nevermind an amazing concert! Can't wait to read you report :)

Rena likes this.
  18. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

This venue looks great. Didn't enter the lottery but now kicking myself as I may be in London that weekend!!

But all is good because Rena and Nevermind will give stellar reviews ;)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    nevermind, Rena and John like this.
  19. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

JackieJo likes this.
  20. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

Have a toast to Mark's birthday on Sunday. I know you will have a great time!!

nevermind likes this.