DAVID TO PERFORM ON SIRIUSXM

Discussion in 'Live Performances' started by John, Jul 16, 2015.

1. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Another acoustic set upcoming:

DAVID TO PERFORM ON SIRIUSXM

SiriusXM today announced that David will perform a private show for SiriusXM listeners at the Sonos Studio in Los Angeles.

The exclusive performance will feature David playing an acoustic set featuring songs from his newest album Mutineers, as well as classic songs from throughout his career. Gray will talk with SiriusXM host Richard Blade and SiriusXM listeners about the stories behind the songs that he performs.

The special performance, “SiriusXM’s Coffee House Live with David Gray,” will air on SiriusXM’s The Coffee House, channel 31, on Thursday, July 23 at 7:00 pm ET. The broadcast will also be available through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

David will also host a special guest DJ session on The Coffee House. The personally curated playlist will feature songs that inspired Gray as a child and helped shape his career. The special guest DJ will be available on SiriusXM On Demand beginning Thursday, July 23 through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com. The guest DJ session will also rebroadcast on SiriusXM’s 1st Wave, channel 33.

The Coffee House plays singer-songwriters and rare acoustic versions of songs. Listeners will hear Jack Johnson, Passenger, Norah Jones, Ray Lamontagne, Ed Sheeran, Damien Rice, Jason Mraz, Vance Joy and Ryan Adams.

Sonos Studio in Los Angeles is an acoustically designed space that celebrates music listening and the intersection of music, art, and technology.

For more info, visit: siriusxm.com.

Crazy Canadian and Rena like this.
  2. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

I would have LOVED to go to this but I don't have XM/Sirius so I couldn't even enter the contest to win tickets. I just personally find the set lists for these promo shows to be more interesting and consist of more of what I really want to hear. Am I correct that you have to be a subscriber to hear this when it airs?? If so, that's too bad, but hopefully someone here will report back.

John and RosalieEP like this.
  3. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

I'm a subscriber and have the time blocked off to drive around in my car and listen :) I will definitely report back!

John, RosalieEP and wolfie like this.
  4. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

I heard him introduce Snow in Vegas yesterday on the Coffeehouse. I could enter but have no means of going, of course! I'd love to attend one of those types of performances some day.

wolfie likes this.
  5. cdcase

cdcase Member Grayhead

I heard part of the the DJ show on 1st Wave today. I loved hearing David playing The Beat and Madness. Also, the Specials, Fun Boy Three, and New Order.

Sent from meeemy iPhfone using rhTapatalkrnreeysseeexxedenpjghsdeewqtnr tyrermawrltryy

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    Rena likes this.
  6. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Sorry, all, I did not get the chance to hear this in full yet. My air conditioning was OUT and it was 100*F here - gross!! So I waited in the air conditioned car for the repairman, but even David Gray couldn't win the battle over cool air! I have heard various parts of it replayed, so maybe sometime soon I can hear the whole thing. It was just David alone. These are the songs I know he played:

Shine
    Falling Free (the radio's digital display said Falling For You :confused:)
    BOTHA
    Fixative
    (probably more songs here)
    See the Sea
    TYL

Then he took questions from the audience and there was probably a song or two after that.

There were a couple of interviews between the songs and David talked a LOT! One thing I hadn't heard him say before is that he rewrote Falling Free after he fell in love :)

One of the questions that I heard asked by the audience was what are his two or three favorite songs of his. He said BOTHA, Nemesis, and Shine. I think it sounded like Nemesis is his most favorite. And he said that, as we all know, you have to hear it at a gig to truly appreciate it. I would like to hear all the audience questions that were asked.

That's all I've got for now!!

7. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thank you Vicki. Much appreciated.

This sounded so interesting right when it was announced and apparently it is. So any info about a replay would be great. There was no way of getting a trial subscription while travelling but from home that's always a possibility.

8. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

I'm a subscriber. I need to figure out a way to hear it!

9. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian Member Grayhead

I totally look forward to your review Vicki!!!

10. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian Member Grayhead

Duh... I am just figuring out these threads!!! You review was much appreciated!!!

nevermind likes this.