David will be on LIVE with Kelly & Michael!

Discussion in 'Live Performances' started by HB in VA, Apr 29, 2014.

1. HB in VA

HB in VA Member Grayhead

Wasn't sure where to post this, but David will be on Live! with Kelly Ripa this Thursday. It's on at 10am eastern.

Kari, VickiC, RosalieEP and 3 others like this.
  2. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

well how cool is that!!! I wonder if he's a Michael Strahan fan?

HB in VA likes this.
  3. s06

s06 New Grayhead

Thanks, for the heads up! I don't watch T.V. that much, so I didn't know about this!

HB in VA likes this.
  4. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

nice demographic lol

HB in VA and RosalieEP like this.
  5. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

DVR is set!

John likes this.
  6. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

is this one of those housewife shows?

nevermind, wolfie and RosalieEP like this.
  7. HB in VA

HB in VA Member Grayhead

Let's just say there will probably be several ads for cleaning products, toothpaste, vitamins and adult diapers ;)

RosalieEP likes this.
  8. RosalieEP

LOL AK! Let's just say the only time I've ever watched it was when I had just moved across the country to a place where I knew no one with a six week old baby!

Marcel likes this.
  9. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

They will probably have a better time than they did last time with Regis.

10. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Would be fine to get sth. from the show ;)

11. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Back in the World. Sounded good! JOY! lol on Kelly going in for another hug.

carmel59 likes this.
  12. iamseanharrison

iamseanharrison Member Grayhead

Looking forward to seeing the first televised performance of the single! Hope somebody can post it somehow. :)

13. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

Got my TV on and waiting for the host to bring him on !;)
    Talk,Talk bring on David !:D:D

14. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Just found this:

Kelly & Michael: David Gray Mutineers
    David Gray came by for a performance on Live! With Kelly & Michael on May 1 2014. He is a British Singer-Songwriter. He released his first album in 1993, but he gained popularity when his album White Latter came out in 1998. David Gray’s new CD Mutineers drops June 17 2014.

[​IMG]
    David Gray came by to perform “Back in the World” from his new album ‘Mutineers’ on Kelly & Michael.

Kelly and Michael: “Back in the World” Performance Review
    He performed his new song “Back in the World,” from his album Mutineers. This was an aptly named song and a good choice since he hasn’t released an album since 2010. He sang and played Piano. He also had a band and backup singers. But they weren’t overpowering. His voice was the real focus, and nothing detracted from that.

He sang about how he’s “back in the world again” and how it’s “the only way to be.” It was a really beautiful song. It was pretty simple, but it was really poignant. It was touching and emotional. It showed his vulnerability. The song talked about how he was “naked like a tree” and how that, too, is “the only way to be.”

The song was terrifically written, but it was also performed really well as well. And he also had a great voice. He had a lot of range and his voice was full of emotion. It really showed that the song meant something to him and that he put a lot of himself into it.

Kelly & Michael: David Gray Writing Process
    Kelly & Michael said it was a great performance and a great song. It really was beautiful. They said that Gray is a great songwriter and really tells a story with his songs. Kelly asked if he has a process to writing his songs. He said that he does, he just sits down and scratches his head and hopes that something happens, he joked.

He said that he actually mixed it up this time for this album Mutineers, so he wouldn’t get bored. Doing the same thing over and over again can get old and could make things stale. He usually writes the melody and then the lyrics. This time he wrote the words and then tried to find the right music for it. And it certainly worked out for him.
    Source!

Eileen, iamseanharrison and JackieJo like this.
  15. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

That's our David! Thanks, Nevermind.

nevermind likes this.
  16. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

Oh yeah ! GREAT performance. One commit, Girls, M O V E I mean really how can they just stand there swaying their arms back and forth. Move your ****'s girls !!!!!:p Really you changed my word **** ~ give me a break

17. RosalieEP

Just watched it on my DVR. Pretty fun! It was nice that they talked to him afterward a little too. When the hosts came out at the beginning of the show, they came in dancing to Babylon. They showed clips from the Babylon video leading out to the commercial breaks as well, so suddenly David looked pretty old when he came out to play! ;)

Eileen likes this.
  18. RosalieEP

LOL Eileen. I did think they looked rather stiff for standing front and center on the stage, though they are both gorgeous. Caroline doesn't look a day older than she does in the Live in Slow Motion DVD from nearly a decade ago.

Eileen likes this.
  19. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

Seasoned my dear, like a fine wine:p

20. iamseanharrison

iamseanharrison Member Grayhead

:confused: Did any kind souls get a copy of this digitally?

John likes this.