David's Instagram appreciation thread

Discussion in 'All About David' started by Rena, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Isn't David's Instagram account a source of arty delights? I absolutely love the photographs he is posting on this platform. They are so influenced by his studies as a painter although he has not been painting for so many years now.

Here's to hoping they will come more frequently again. I was so thrilled to find all those updates from Instagram, Twitter and FB while travelling for the European and UK dates.

Let's put our favourites on here so those not using these media can see them as well.

Anyone else who finds her-/himself looking up the various social medias for any new posts?

I really loved the composition of the one from Cork so let's start with this one:

image.jpg

Margaret, KirstenH, nevermind and 4 others like this.
  2. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

You have just made me join Instagram ;-) Will have a look for my faves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rena likes this.
  3. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

I definitely enjoy his Instagram feed. That one you posted is one of my favorites. I am not able to copy them on here, but of recent ones, I love the one with the yellow leaves on the mud tracks as well as that one on the shoreline with the smooth water in pastel colors with tiny waves that spread out from the horizon. There is definitely artistry in many of them. Being a nature lover myself, I appreciate his inclination toward that as well.

4. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Just take a screenshot on your mobile and then insert that screenshot here.

I really like today's picture of David's own shadow. This has an almost abstract quality.

image.jpg

wolfie likes this.
  5. Main

Main Active Grayhead

I also enjoy his instagram photos. They are very often real pieces of art. :)

6. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

I wonder if they're maybe like a mindfulness exercise for him, helping to rediscover the beauty in everyday life. I've not been able to pick a favourite yet, but find that I'm mostly drawn to those involving nature and urban scenery.

7. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

[​IMG] my favorite

RosalieEP, wolfie, Main and 2 others like this.
  8. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Kirsten that is one of my recent favorites. So serene. So beautiful,

I wish I had the ability to search for it now but there was one at the end of last year, I believe, that was like looking down over the edge of a cliff or something. If anyone knows which one I am talking about and can post it I would love it,

KirstenH likes this.
  9. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

This one maybe?

[​IMG]

RosalieEP, KirstenH and wolfie like this.
  10. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Oh yes, Nat, that is the one! That photo speaks to me, particularly given the time it was posted when there was so much uncertainty about the new record, touring, etc. ahead in the new year. Thank you, Nat - it has made my day to see it again.

JustNat likes this.
  11. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

You're most welcome, no greater pleasure than making a positive contribution to someone's day! :-D

wolfie likes this.
  12. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Hi JustNat, I think you're right in your assessment. I was in an outdoor cafe in Asheville for a concert and saw him coming down the sidewalk by himself. He was quite a distance away. It was obvious he was totally immersed in the environment, it was an exquisite day. As he passed by me, there was no way I was going to say hello, as I could see he was in a "zone" & I did not want to disturb that enjoyment. Just an hour after that he had posted pictures.

RosalieEP, KirstenH, wolfie and 3 others like this.
  13. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

Yes, I am enjoying David's Instagram posts since... I just cannot remember when I found him there. The ones I really love the most are defenitly those showing any kinds of textures, and I am completely stunned by his eye to find them.

Love, Birdie

RosalieEP likes this.
  14. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Right, so I've been searching & pondering & searching a bit more and this one's my favourite so far. [​IMG]

15. James Moon

James Moon Member Grayhead

Strangely enough this was one of my favs. Take me back to Dublin.

[​IMG]

RosalieEP, carmel59 and JustNat like this.
  16. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

This!!!

image.jpg

I could get lost in this photograph.

17. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

OMG yes! It's by far my favourite out of the 4 he posted today

18. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

needs more selfies