Dec 5th Cork Opera House

Discussion in '2014 December Ireland' started by Rena, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

All the pre and after show joy and excitement can go in here.

So - who is going to see David in Cork?

2. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Just arrived at the hotel, going to have a quick power snooze and then head in to Cork for some sight seeing. Can't wait for tonight's show!!!

wolfie, James Moon and Main like this.
  3. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Have a wonderful gig everyone.

Looking forward to hearing about it all afterwards!

4. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

So there I was, having a pre concert sandwich at the Cork Opera House cafe, when a taxi pulls up. I watch a man get out and I think to myself "I know you". 2 Seconds later I realise that it's only bloody DAVID GRAY himself! He passes right by me & enters the building while I just sit there, with an undoubtedly stupid grin & unable to move and/or say anything.
    My "if I ever meet my idol" plan clearly did not take my own stupidity into account...

wolfie, RosalieEP, Main and 1 other person like this.
  5. Main

Main Active Grayhead

LOL! But now you have a great story to tell, just the same! :D

6. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Such a sweet story, Nat. I think many have been there just like you... Have a great gig!

JustNat likes this.
  7. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Just loving David's picture from Cork. What a beautiful composure. You can see this is someone who has studied painting.

Not long now. I so wish I was in Cork. Have a great time at the show everyone!

image.jpg

nevermind and John like this.
  8. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

I have been so busy that I have missed so much of this tour, I am going to go back and catch up on it all as soon as possible.

First, Nat - it was a pleasure to meet you tonight. We met quite by chance and I am so glad we did. I am so glad you were there and I do hope you met David and also are feeling much better, Thank you for being such great company tonight.

This show in Cork tonight was epic. So loud, so long ( 2 hours 20 minutes I think), so lively... so darn good. One of my favorites ever. Medicine for the heart and soul. Amazing,

Set list for Cork:

Arctic

Girl Like You

Cake

Back in the World

As the Crow Flies

Mutineers

Last Summer

My Oh My

Fugitive

Alibi

Nemesis

Gulls

Shine (solo)

Coming Down (solo)

Say Hello Wave Goodbye (solo)

TYL

TOIL

Silver Lining

PFM

--------------

Babylon (solo)

Late Night Radio / Faster Sooner Now

Sail Away

(Sorry, typing this on a small tablet and it is a pain. Hopefully Nat will be along with more details and corrections.:) )

RosalieEP, VickiC, JustNat and 4 others like this.
  9. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Hi Wolfie - I did not really expect to find much on here at 3 am and there you are. I am glad you could make it to Ireland.

Thank you so much for posting the setlist so quickly after the show. Aren't these performances amazing?!!!

Looking forward to your reports from Ireland.

Safe travels onward!

wolfie likes this.
  10. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Thanks for the set list, wolfie! A pity that we can't make it to Ireland...have fun there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfie likes this.
  11. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

First of all let me say Wolfie, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you! So much fun meeting someone genuinely nice that also understands your love of music :)
    The show was amazing! Such raw energy, and I don't think I've ever seem him this fired up & excited before. They were having so much fun on stage, it was an absolute joy to watch.
    I'm useless for setlist details but I'll be posting some pics when I get home (it won't let me do it from my phone).

Aaaaaaaaaand, YES! I did get to meet David, albeit briefly. Still didn't manage to say anything sensible but I did get a pic! Needless to say I'm still buzzing...

Currently in the train to Dublin (listening to David of course) to catch my flight home, feeling utterly elated and a little sad all at the same time.

Wishing everyone going to tonight's show an absolutely amazing time; if it's anything like last night's then you surely won't be disappointed!

12. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Oh Nat I am so happy for you that you met David and got a pic! To have witnessed such a terrific show and then get that bonus - thrilled for you. Well done! Safe trip home!

I agree with you about the energy and excitement. So many smiles and so much joy from David last night. It was impressive musically but also it was great fun. Clapping, singing, swaying arms during Sail - so much fun. I loved standing. I loved all the solos David did. I love that they attempted LNR/FSN. Seeing The Light on the set list gives me some glimmer of hope that it will appear somewhere before the end of the tour. I could not have asked for a better show in Ireland. Cork will be hard to top!! Truly magical.

RosalieEP, Rena, carmel59 and 2 others like this.
  13. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

wow

14. Seneca

Seneca Active Grayhead

[.../ edit Rena] As always I'm both a little jealous to read your thoughts on a show and at the same time very grateful. I hope you're right about The Light!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  15. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Probably my favourite pic from the night.[​IMG]

RosalieEP, nevermind, Rena and 2 others like this.
  16. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

And then there's this one of course <3 (Don't mind me, looking like an idiot...)[​IMG]

RosalieEP, Rena, carmel59 and 3 others like this.
  17. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Actually, this one of Robbie is pretty cool too, nice light especially.[​IMG]

RosalieEP, Rena, carmel59 and 2 others like this.
  18. Main

Main Active Grayhead

You both look great, so happy! Elated really. :)

JustNat likes this.
  19. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Ha! Yes, elated is the right word for me for sure :-D

Main likes this.
  20. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

I love this photo!!!!

JustNat likes this.