Dec 7th Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, Dublin

Discussion in '2014 December Ireland' started by Rena, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

All the pre and after show joy and excitement can go in here.

2. James Moon

James Moon Member Grayhead

I can't wait for this one. Fingers crossed for Shine. Will be a very special moment for me if the big man plays it.

3. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Hi there, I'm going tooooooo, can't wait for it. I'd be forever grateful for Freedom to make an appearance, unlikely though.

4. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

I wish you a great gig! Sadly I can't go.. I have to sell my ticket. But I will be in Ireland next year :)

5. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Ah such a pity, on a brighter note-next year is almost here!! I'm feeling very sentimental tonight with the Liverpool gig on as that was the first time I met the great man himself after the show, never beat the first time excitement. X

6. James Moon

Freedom would put a huge smile on my face. "Time out on the running boards, were running,through a world that's lost it's meaning". Nemesis and Shine would also be welcomed. Can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Were you at the Emmanuel Show in feb? I flew over for it but your name sounds familiar ? Don't panic I'm not a stalker!!

8. James Moon

Yes I was. What an amazing show. One of the best yet. I was rather vocal! How did you find it?

9. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Great night, I was at the Wednesday night one...forgot the words of Babylon !!! Deadly night though.

10. James Moon

Will anyone going on the 7th be partaking in a drink after the concert where we can talk lyrics and have a good old song along?

11. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

I will let you know what the plans are as soon as I know myself. Take care

12. daveeliver

daveeliver Member Grayhead

Hi All,
    As usual when in Dublin, I'm staying at The Ferryman, nearly opposite The Bord Gais Theatre. It's a good pub (and hotel) but I imagine it will be very busy before and after the concert.
    There are restaurants, wine bars, and hotels near to the venue, but The Ferryman is the best pub and I'll be drinking there before and after the concert.
    Hopefully they'll value my loyalty and make sure I get served......
    Hope to see others, and I may have a spare ticket (good seat, cost price and bought through the David Gray presale)

nevermind likes this.
  13. James Moon

Hi Dave, me and my friends shall be in the Ferryman before and no doubt after. Hopefully see you in there.

14. James Moon

3 more sleeps!!

nevermind likes this.
  15. James Moon

Online Xmas shopping whilst blaring out Gathering Dust. 1 more sleep!!! I hope Dublin is as crisp and cold as it is where I am as there's sure to be plenty of hearty music from David to warm the cockles.

RosalieEP and nevermind like this.
  16. James Moon

Fantastic to see that Snow In Vegas made a solo appearance at last nights show and that David's voice is back to full strength. Very excited for this evening now. First Guiness has just been consumed at the airport!

JustNat likes this.
  17. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

Hi @daveeliver and all,

Arrived in Dublin yesterday and looking forward to two gigs... David Gray tonight and Ben Howard tomorrow.. who is supported by Hiss Golden Messenger... great !

Might see some of you at the Ferryman or the venue, just come and say hello ;)

Cheers !

nevermind and Main like this.
  18. daveeliver

daveeliver Member Grayhead

Sounds good Marcel,but could have been even better if you had been able to extend your stay (& get tickets) to see Van Morrison on Wednesday,also at The Olympia.
    See you at a busy Ferryman. I may get a Guinness tap installed in my room and invite David Gray and friends for a quiet drink and chat!!

nevermind likes this.
  19. James Moon

See you all in the Ferryman.

20. James Moon

In the Old Porterhouse if anyone is around?