Dec 7th Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, Dublin

Discussion in '2014 December Ireland' started by Rena, Oct 1, 2014.

1. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

I wish you all a brilliant night!! Have a blast! And drink a beer more for me okay?! Cheers

2. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Have a fabulous night everyone! (Not jealous at all... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. James Moon

James Moon Member Grayhead

Is anyone in the Ferryman?

4. James Moon

Row 8. Super excited. Even cried a little when I arrived!

Rena, Main and JustNat like this.
  5. James Moon

This evening was amazing guys. Couldn't stop crying when Shine came on.

JustNat likes this.
  6. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Aw bless ya, so glad it was a good night (and that I'm not the only one to have a good cry when my favourite songs are played). ;-)

7. James Moon

I was a blubbering wreck!!! Wanted it to never end.

JustNat likes this.
  8. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Hi just a quikie

Arctic
    Girl
    Cake
    Back in world
    Crow
    Mutineers
    Summer
    My oh my
    Fugitive
    Alibi
    Nemesis
    Gulls
    Solo shine coming down say hello
    Tyl
    Toil
    Sail
    Forgive
    Babs

RosalieEP, nevermind, wolfie and 2 others like this.
  9. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

Great night, might post a review tomorrow

Superb sound, even from first row. Crowd was not as rowdy as I thought they might be.. You could hear a pin drop at times..

Great atmosphere in the band, lots of smiles..

Speak soon, take care !

RosalieEP, nevermind, Rena and 2 others like this.
  10. daveeliver

daveeliver Member Grayhead

Hi,
    Really enjoyed the show and as mentioned the sound was great. Loved last nights 'Mutineers','Coming Down' and of course 'Nemesis'.
    Because of a strict curfew it was a little rushed near the end, and though people thought he would have liked to have played for longer, he didn't have time to play all of his intended encore or even allow all the band to join him on stage at the end for the audience to show their appreciation.
    As in Liverpool the audience weren't rushing to get to their feet for the finale but David persuaded them in a similar manner to a lovely German lady in Liverpool!
    I was more scared of her than him!!!
    It would have been nice to have met everyone from the forum who were there, but faces don't correspond to posts, but so nice to say hi to those I met.
    See you all further down the road!!

RosalieEP, nevermind, Marcel and 3 others like this.
  11. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Sorry I didn't get a chance to see anyone at this show. By the time my train got in I just had enough time for a shower and dinner before the show. So glad everyone had such a wonderful time.

Marcel you are absolutely right about being able to hear a pin drop at times. Really one of the most respectful crowds I have experienced. I was very impressed. I was surprised it took David coaxing to get everyone to their feet but once they did the room had a very lively and electric feel. So not really quite the crowd I was expecting but a very good one.

My experience at this show was a unique for me as I was seated up in the circle (balcony) in the center of the first row. The view from there was spectacular and the sound, oh my gosh, the sound. It was so different from that very close up experience I have had recently and it allowed me see and hear the show from a completely different perspective. I sat there just taking it all in. Nemesis from that perspective just swallowed me whole. Hearing Gulls, a song which will forever be tied in my heart to Ireland after the Sounding Out tour last year, right after left me in tears. The solo section was beautiful with Shine eliciting a great crowd reaction. During Say Hello Wave Goodbye many near me were singing along quietly and it was so sweet. I just loved that. Lots of cheers for TYL and Sail. Once the crowd got into it PFM was a blast and I got such a kick out of looking down and seeing everyone jumping around, dancing and clapping. Most in the Circle were up on our feet too. So fun. The ending of Babylon was interesting because David did most of it solo but then near the end Keith, Tim and John came on stage to join in. It is a shame that the hard curfew meant no further encore songs but it was such a superb show I doubt anyone felt cheated. I certainly didn't. Lovely night.

KirstenH, RosalieEP, Main and 5 others like this.
  12. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

:) :) :)

Thank you all very much for your reports, setlist and everything. I so enjoy experiencing the gigs through your writings!

nevermind likes this.
  13. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

14. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead