December 2016 "The Best Of" Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Tour 2016' started by Alex, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Alex

Alex Member Grayhead

Some of you already know the below, but other might not.
    Germany and UK December Tour Dates.
    Pre-sale start tomorrow 21st and general sale, 22nd on Friday 23rd.
    I've not any pre-sale emails, because of email issues.
    If anyone has pre-sale link would you be so kind as to email/PM me it?
    Thanks
    :)

upload_2016-9-20_9-19-3.png

nevermind likes this.
  2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Hi Alex,

the presale links will appear on the site you took the screenshot of once the presale will have started. I will make seperate threads for each concert in a minute and add the presale links once they will be available.

3. Alex

Alex Member Grayhead

Thanks Rena, historically I've always had an email with a pre-presale notice of sorts. Thanks for your help

4. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Hello everyone.

I've just create individual threads for each concert here where we can discuss the venues and share our general excitement and maybe arrange one or the other pre concert meet up.

This seems to be small and intimate, at least as far as the German venues are concerned. Both churches which usually guerantee a very special concert experience. I can't wait.

nevermind likes this.
  5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

So have I but I guess these will be on the way sometime today. The good folks at dg.com must have been busy setting the the tour page up first.

nevermind likes this.
  6. Joan

Joan New Grayhead

No sign of any dates north of England or Scotland?

7. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Dublin is sad

8. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Well, the Sage in Gateshead is just across the river from Newcastle. Which is at least a bit northerly, isn't it? Sorry, no more tour dates further north for the moment.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  9. Oakie

Oakie New Grayhead

Tickets booked, so excited!

Crazy Canadian and Rena like this.
  10. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

That's great, Oakie. To which concert will you be goimg?

11. Oakie

Oakie New Grayhead

London and Manchester. Was supposed to be booking one but oops, my finger must have slipped!

nevermind likes this.
  12. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Haha, happens to me each and every time tickets for David come on sale : )))

Oakie likes this.
  13. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

I'm not sure this was visible before (I certainly didn't notice it),

On the tour page the dates have been updated with some sub-text:
    "A solo acoustic evening w/ David Gray"

Well that changes everything! I must admit i'm a little disappointed that the band won't be involved but it should be great nonetheless!
    A Solo Acoustic Evening w/ David Gray

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  14. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

As much as I love that magnificent band - a solo acoustic evening with David Gray sounds like a dream come true. Wow.

Crazy Canadian and davidcotyalex like this.
  15. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

To all hoping for a tour date nearer to where they are - David just posted on Instagram about more dates to be announced!

Oakie likes this.
  16. Oakie

Oakie New Grayhead

I feel the same Rena. The chemistry with the band is fantastic but some of my favourite parts of the concerts are the solo acoustic bits. And the locations look like they'll be perfect for it.

17. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Absolutely, Oakie. These venues look perfect. I can't wait.

18. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

I feel the same as you guys! He has a fantastic band. The nice thing about a solo concert is, that he'll certainly will be more chatty, which I would enjoy as well :)

19. Main

Main Active Grayhead

I went to see Brandy Clark (US country singer) at Cadogan Hall last Friday. And I was thinking how GREAT David will sound there! Such a lovely venue! I am happy that some of you will see him there (twice?)! It will be fantastic!

20. Oakie

Oakie New Grayhead

Can't wait! Is anyone going to both London dates? I've booked one but am toying with the idea of booking the other too...