Ennis, Co. Clare - An Glór Theatre - Dec 10, 2013

Discussion in 'Tour 2013 in Ireland Sounding Out' started by Rena, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

All conversation about the December 10, 2013 show at An Glór Theatre - Ennis, Co. Clare can go into this thread. This includes all the excitement, pre-concert meet ups and post concert conversations, reports, setlists...

2. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

3. wolfie

Well, it all seems to have caught up with me and I woke this morning not feeling well at all. But, no worries, have been to the pharmacy and the real cure awaits at the An Glor Theatre tonight. :) Assigned seats tonight. Can't wait to see what the venue is like and what David and the band have in store. Anyone out there going tonight - enjoy the show and please do come back here and share your thoughts/images with us.

4. Seneca

Seneca Active Grayhead

I hope you feel better, and enjoy the show!

5. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Hope you feel better, I'm sure you will, that's the best medicine I can think of.........a live David Gray concert in a beautiful setting in Ireland. Enjoy.

:)

6. wolfie

Thanks Seneca and Elysium! xo

Set List for Ennis:

Gulls

The Incredible

I Want All My Cake and Eat It

Kathleen

Dun Laoghaire

Skellig

Ain't No Love

Sea

Gathering Dust

Shine (solo)

Coming Down (solo)

Gutters Full of Rain (solo)

House With No Walls (solo, new song)

Everytime (solo)

TOIL

TYL

Mountainside

Dancing With Both Feet Off the Ground

My Oh My

Laughing Gas

Nemesis

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Babylon

Sail

7. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Great setlist again Wolfie, thanks.
    House with no walls, some strange song titles on this new album.
    Hope you're feeling better and that you've had a great time tonight, I'm sure that will be a yes to both .

8. s06

s06 New Grayhead

Ooooh, a new song ("House With No Walls"). I can't wait to hear it and "The Incredible."

It's cool, and interesting, that David's been changing his setlist for every concert; I suppose it helps him keep his passion alive, as opposed to becoming bored playing the same songs, in the same order, every night.

9. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Ooh another new song! How wonderful! I hope you're feeling better and it was a wonderful experience!

10. wolfie

Don't think I'm up for doing a review for this one but David and the band sounded great, of course. You can tell they are all tired but still giving it their all. David mentioned how they have only had one day off and David Kitt said they thought they'd have two. A lot of full days, for sure. Sound was good in the venue. Ushers were very uptight about pictures and videos but saw some people sneaking a few so hopefully something will pop up on that front. It was a strange night for me as I had the misfortune to be sitting at the end of a row where everyone, it seems, wanted to get up at some point during the show. I must have had to hop out of my seat to let someone by at least a dozen times last night, sometimes even during songs. Just kind of hard to concentrate and get fully into the show with so many disruptions. Anyway, just kind of indicative to me of the crowd, in general, last night, and I'll leave it at that. Highlight for sure was getting to hear the new song. Gutters Full of Rain was also so lovely. Nemesis was different again last night - different at the end from when I saw it a few days ago. Love how you never know what you're going to get with that one. It seems to me as if The Incredible and Gulls are on the next album as well as possibly Cake - from the sounds of it David still isn't certain. Well, whenever it comes out and whatever is on it, it will be amazing - I can't wait...

11. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Thanks wolfie, sorry that those selfish people interrupted your enjoyment of the gig.
    Hope you feel better soon and enjoy the last gig of the tour tonight. x

12. wolfie

Just don't get the need to be up and down during a show. It's not only unfair to those around you but, more importantly, the performers, too. The lady next to me said we had the unlucky row. It happens. Still happy I was there and got to hear the new song. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

13. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

Forget the new song, he played Gutters! What's up with David these days.. he's actually putting interesting stuff on the setlist????!!!!!
    Plus mountainside and falling down and Gathering dust. aRsdga!HTkglsnöhaeröt3,1 lewga! !!!

14. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

Yes thanks again for the set list Wolfe! Looking forward to the new song!

Hey s06 this is standard fare for DG tours.........he for the most part exploits his extensive catalog - obviously some songs get a lot more play than others - which is why this tour is so special because he is going way deep every night - but rest assured that while there will be regulars and some order as there is here when he tours the uk and usa for the new album it will be the same. Maybe. Not quite so many old ballads but he will surely mix it up.

This to a large degree is why there are a large group of travelling gray heads that have toured together and gotten to know one another through the years has been a wonderful sidebar to just enjoying the music. :)

15. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

Thanks again Wolfe - feel better! It absolutely looked like a jammed tour and what kills them are all the other deals they do during the day - pr and radio etc etc Hope your traveling is easy and you can grab some rest.

16. wolfie

Thanks, David. I feel much better... now for the post-tour blues. :)