Happy 100th!!

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by VickiC, Sep 26, 2014.

1. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

I would just like to wish our @wolfie a very, very happy 100TH David Gray gig tonight in New Orleans! It's an impressive accomplishment, and one I know we all would like to be able to lay claim to. I wish so, so much I could be there with you, but I will be with you in spirit!

David Gray is lucky to have a fan as loyal, respectful and classy as you. I am proud to call you my friend. Live it up tonight, sing and dance your heart out, and enjoy!

Cheers to Wolfie, and to many, many more DG gigs in the future!!:)

Vicki

2. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Wow! That's an amount! Congrats. ;)

wolfie likes this.
  3. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Well now, it sounds like its time for!!!!!!! CAKE!!!! edcake.gif

wolfie and John like this.
  4. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Okay, I was not expecting this at all. I am very embarrassed and honored at that same time. Thank you, Vicki, for your kind words. I am likewise proud to call you my friend. I will never forget our good times on the fall tour 2 years ago or dancing together at the Ryman - none of those experiences would have been the same without you. You don't know how bad I wish you had been able to come to New Orleans tonight. So, cheers back to you and thank you for thinking of me.

I know that I am very fortunate to have been to so many of David's shows. I don't ever forget that or take it for granted. It isn't just a number. It represents countless hours, money and effort. And please know that I would invest none of that were it not for my immense love of David's music and the really indescribable joy I feel when I am at one of his shows.

There are a lot of big music lovers and frequent gig-goers on this board. It is a community of like-minded people who get what it is to live and love music - whether it be one musician/band or many. I'm glad to have such people with whom to share my passion, and to experience your passion, for DG's music and shows. May David keep making music that inspires us all.

sixstringedman, Marcel, ak11 and 6 others like this.
  5. Seneca

Seneca Active Grayhead

Jesus Christ, that is a lot of time and money to be spending on a single artist!

Nothing but admiration and awe from me, though. Congratulations and make it a good one! :D

wolfie likes this.
  6. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Congratatulations Wolfie. David must be very glad to have a fan as loyal as you. Enjoy tonight, every performance by David is special and so will be this one.

I will raise my glass to you and here's to the next hundred more!

Marcel, nevermind, wolfie and 2 others like this.
  7. carmel59

Yes, praise the Lord

wolfie likes this.
  8. carmel59

and also Wolfie, your reviews are always so beautifully written, I look forward to hearing your impressions.

wolfie likes this.
  9. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

you rule.............I will never ever forget that first time tho :)

have a blast and say hey to sheryl!

wolfie likes this.
  10. Seneca

Seneca Active Grayhead

When/where was the first time?

11. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Happy, happy 100th, Wolfie! I'm honored to have shared an unforgettable concert with you, and looking forward to the next in just a few days again. You're exactly the kind of true fan I admire. It's all about the music. Pure and simple.

I'll have to update my husband's colleague on the tally. :p

wolfie and Michelle Credle like this.
  12. Michelle Credle

Michelle Credle Member Grayhead

Congratulations Wolfie!!!! Can't wait to see you & Rosalie in a few days! Such an incredible accomplishment! Love you lots. Be safe in FL.

Rosalie, I'm still curious what your husband's colleague said after our last show lol.

wolfie likes this.
  13. RosalieEP

Ha! No, she had a good time! Forgot to tell you the craziness that we ended with. As we're leaving the parking lot her car was dead. We were looking for someone to help jump it, and this guy wearing no pants or shoes came. Seriously, no pants. Silently, he went about jumping the car and left. So yeah, she does NOT think you guys were crazy at all! :hilarious: Nah, I was just joking because she was worried that she overreacted to Wolfie's count. She thought that Wolfie was saying eight, so when she said, "Eight....ty seven," she pretty much literally spit her drink.

wolfie and Michelle Credle like this.
  14. Michelle Credle

Michelle Credle Member Grayhead

It was so funny to see her reaction. 87 alone is an amazing number. 100 is just stellar! Wish I could have been with her tonight!

RosalieEP and wolfie like this.
  15. wolfie

Thanks for all the kind comments and well wishes. Tonight's show was more than I could have ever imagined or dreamed. When I have slept and gathered my thoughts I will post about the show.

Seneca, my first DG show was in Chicago in April 2001. But I think Dca is referring to something else as he didn't know me then!

Michelle and Rosalie - that Raleigh show was one of my favorites of all time. I can't wait for our reunion next week! Rosalie - no worries on her reaction - I don't blame her at all. And good to know that pants and shoes helped me not look quite so crazy. ;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  16. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Awww Wolfie - so well deserved! Very happy for you xx

[​IMG]

17. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

That's real nice! Congratulations @wolfie! Glad to have met you! Any chance to see you at some of the dates in the UK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfie likes this.
  18. RosalieEP

Nice one, DG!! :cool:

Michelle Credle, wolfie and carmel59 like this.
  19. wolfie

Wow, wow, wow - that Instagram message... above and beyond. Thanks to David for everything. My gratitude is off the charts. Truly no words except... thank you.

Funny thing about the Instagram comments, though - someone mentioned Australia. I actually have seen DG there - 3 shows in Sydney in 2003. I'm not on Instagram to reply to her so this will have to do. lol.

@nevermind, glad to have met you, too. You are a real gentleman. I'm not sure yet if I will be able to make it to the UK or Ireland for any shows. It's not likely but I haven't given up hope yet. If I do, it would be a pleasure to see you and Rena again. xx

Thank you, again, to everyone who posted. Your kindness is appreciated more than you know.

20. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

Congratulations Wolfie!! May you have 100 more!

wolfie likes this.