I Heard David...

Discussion in 'David Gray's Music' started by JackieJo, Feb 12, 2014.

1. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

One of my favorite long-running threads from the old boards...

So, I am snowed in at the hospital where I work. Last night I went in our conference room to sleep on some chairs with my sleeping bag. I had brought my ipod with me and it is an older one and has a built in speaker. As I was adjusting in my sleeping bag, I must have hit a button - "gonna close my eyes" !

How about that?!

Am now spending my second night:(

Main and nevermind like this.
  2. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Yikes! JackieJo, you must be in the South like me! It's crazy out there. I'm glad you have a warm place to stay, at least.

Similar to your experience involving random iPod, I hit play to my iPod just as the plane accelerated down the runway taking off from having attended my grandmother's funeral a few weeks ago, and "As I'm Leaving" came on.

But I do hear DG fairly often while I'm out. I heard "World To Me" last time I was at the mall.

JackieJo likes this.
  3. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

I forgot - I volunteered to be the one to hop out of the car and run into Kroger (grocery store) Super Bowl Sunday night on the way home from church and what was playing but Babylon. I was in and out of the store before the song was over.

4. samrichardson93

samrichardson93 New Grayhead

I was in a pub in Lancaster having lunch with a Uni friend when I heard a song from the white ladder album, was obviously really impressed because it wasn't one of the more well known songs you'd expect from people who don't know much of his music.

I went away and sat at my table and about half an hour later I went back to the bar and there was another DG song! I asked the bar woman if that was the white ladder album the Chef was playing, she told me it was and the Chef was delighted that someone recognised it!! :):):)

JackieJo, Teemto, Main and 1 other person like this.
  5. RosalieEP

It's not unusual to hear DG on Sirius XM, but when I turned on the car today, Kathleen was just starting on The Loft station. After it was over, I switched to The Coffee House station, and an acoustic My Oh My started up. Not only was it great to have back-to-back DG, but neither of them were the usual singles! It started my morning off right.

KirstenH likes this.
  6. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

This very moment Nevermind and I are at the after party of the grand opening of the 20th Jewish Movie Festival with Hollywood actors and red carpet and everything and what gets played?

David's DRAW THE LINE.

That's what I call grand. Yes!!!

nevermind likes this.
  7. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

This morning I heard "Illuminate" on my local radio! :)

KirstenH, Saintsfan and Rena like this.
  8. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Argh. I missed that. But then they play Illuminate a lot. The people at that radio station are one big happy bunch of huge DG fans.

I remember one moderating a show focusing on one year every evening. And he opened the one about 1968 with the words "1968 was a fantastic year because David Gray was born." Ha!

Saintsfan and nevermind like this.
  9. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

On our way to Rochester Hills this weekend for the concert, we stopped at a nature reserve and took a walk, at one point we noticed a beautiful heron on the boardwalk ahead of us. When we got back to the car, on Spectrum on SiriusXM, One With the Birds is playing by David Gray,...............as we're going to his concert...............to listen to more bird songs,............by an artist that loves to watch birds,.................I saw a heron..............:snaphappy: IMG_2894_2.jpg

KirstenH, VickiC and Saintsfan like this.
  10. RosalieEP

Awesome! I was listening too. It was a Spectrum Session from 2007 and so so good. How appropriate for you!

carmel59 likes this.
  11. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

I heard Hospital Food at our hotel right before we went to the Chicago concert.

carmel59 and JackieJo like this.
  12. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Yesterday on NPR's Accoustic Cafe, The Incredible was played along with a really nice mention of Mutineers. In the morning also, I heard Cake on Sirius XM's Coffeehouse.

KirstenH likes this.
  13. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

Walked into The Mall of Georgia and Draw The Line was playing. A nice surprise.

KirstenH, carmel59 and nevermind like this.
  14. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

TJ Max - I heard A Moment Changes Everything... as I discovered a Michael Kors 1800.00 coat for 300. Sadly, it turned out to be a cape and I didn't have 300.00 to spare.