It Accumulates

Discussion in 'The Lyrics' started by sixstringedman, Feb 4, 2014.

1. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

Anyone got lyrics to this little bit of loveliness?

2. Helen_Can

Helen_Can Member Grayhead

I would love the lyrics too... What I get out of it is impactful and cynical but I'd like the complete lyrics to fully appreciate it...

3. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

This video may help transcribing the lyrics :)

4. Ginger

Ginger New Grayhead

It would be nice to take a look at the notebook that he's reading the lyrics from.

sixstringedman and nevermind like this.
  5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

One of those lovely videos taken by our DJK.

From front row we could see the pages of that notebook. Filled with hand written lyrics. Magic.

David said he had only written the song the two days before and finished it on the plane to the gig through the night ( he was touring the US but interrupted that for those two gigs on the same day in Dublin) . So it was brand new which is why he had to read the lyrics from the notebook in front of him.

He also said that he knew that this was not really the audience to the song but it meant so much to him that he just had to play it. It was about 1.30 or even 2.00 am when this song first saw the light of the public at Whelans. So many people there had been celebrating Arthur's Day with a few pints over the last couple of hours already so it was a bit noisy in the background. Still it was a magic moment I certainly won't forget.

Thanks for bringing that up!