June 22. 2015 Meadowbrook Amphitheater - Rochester Hills, MI, David Gray

Discussion in '2015 June July USA' started by nevermind, Jun 21, 2015.

1. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

David Gray will play the Meadow Brook Music Festival in Rochester Hills on 22 June 2015
    with Amos Lee, Rachael Yamagata!

2. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

Did he play Bruce Springsteen's Used Cars? Any video? dca must have hated it..

davidcotyalex and nevermind like this.
  3. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

ak11 likes this.
  4. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

I was there, it was the highlight of the evening for me, that and Money.

ak11, nevermind and John like this.
  5. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Sail Away:

My Oh My:

Well I LUV dat end.. It takes a lot of Love!!!! o_O

nevermind likes this.
  6. carmel59

Rachael Yamagata was fantastic!! If you all can get to the concerts early, you won't be disappointed. IMG_0082.JPG

John and nevermind like this.
  7. carmel59

Amos Lee raised the bar really, really high last night. Very animated, fantastic talent. I had no idea as to what to expect and was blown away. We really went to church!!!! The sound coming out of his Gibson was out of this world too........Do not under any circumstances come late to church!!!!

IMG_0123.jpg IMG_0142.jpg IMG_0146.jpg IMG_0091.jpg IMG_0100.jpg IMG_0111.jpg

nevermind and RosalieEP like this.
  8. carmel59

To quote David from his instagram account, there were some "blinding ****-ups." It was making me crazy too, cause the light changed when he got on stage with his face being illuminated with the worst light for my camera. Most of my shots were overexposed. I sat in the back this time hoping the sound would be better. Something was amiss. I don't know what it was. AFter a few of his songs were sung many, many people left. There was also a tornado warning at this time, maybe that was part of it. I have to be honest, after Amos Lee's performance David would have to be at the top of his game. Not quite............The song Used Cars, made up for it all though. and Money just finished the night off really well.

IMG_0165.jpg

nevermind and John like this.
  9. carmel59

IMG_0188.jpg IMG_0191.jpg IMG_0201.jpg IMG_0207.jpg IMG_0160.jpg The best I could do with the harsh lights

nevermind, RosalieEP and John like this.
  10. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Thanks for the review. Shame about the lights.

carmel59 likes this.
  11. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

I recommend listening to Amos Lee's Red Rocks live album, it's really good.

carmel59 likes this.