Kansas City 5/16/17

Discussion in 'Tour 2017' started by bfeekes, May 15, 2017.

1. bfeekes

bfeekes New Grayhead

Hello All, if anybody is in the Kansas City area and would like to attend the show tomorrow let me know. I have one extra ticket and you would be joining, myself, mom, and uncle at the show. It's a great ticket and I'm not asking for anything in return. My dad's brother has fallen ill and he is unable to join us as planned. Let me know and I can arrange getting you the ticket. I just hate to see this ticket go unused.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. bfeekes

bfeekes New Grayhead

Sorry All, false alarm I guess my dad is going to make it, I didn't see that anybody had read this yet so I'm glad I didn't get anybody's hopes up. Again my apologies!

3. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

I'm so excited about tomorrow night!!

KirstenH, sixstringedman and wolfie like this.
  4. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

Enjoy the show tonight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

So it was a very enjoyable evening. First of all, the crowd in KC was outstanding last night. They were quiet, attentive, sang and clapped along when encouraged to by David, and there was no obnoxious yelling out song requests!! Superb!

David was great, in a good mood, though not particularly talkative. The set list was pretty much a greatest hits, nothing before White Ladder was played, much to my disappointment. But I guess I shouldn't complain on a night with Nightblindness, Other Side, Slow Motion and Nemesis. He added a touch of Purple Rain to Nightblindness and Friday I'm In Love to Nemesis.

I'll try to attach the set list. He did not play Now and Always, Hold On/Mountainside or Shine.

*I edited this to clarify a typo, and I realized I wrote Ain't No Love instead of Slow Motion, because Ain't No Love was literally playing on the radio on the drive home today as I was writing this :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  6. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

@VickiC , thank you for the setlist and review. So very happy you got to be there and had a great time. A good crowd really goes a long way - glad yours was a good one. Am I understanding you correctly that he didn't play Hold On, Mountainside or Shine?? Best news is that Nightblindness was on there and played. Thanks, again.

nevermind likes this.
  7. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

That's correct, @wolfie. I realized my typo too late! And he didn't play Kathleen, either. I really, really liked how he did Last Summer and Be Mine. Only the Wine was really good, too. Probably the most uninspired Babylon I've heard him do.

8. bfeekes

bfeekes New Grayhead

Only the Wine was epic! His use of the loop pedal really added to the depth of a lot of songs especially Last Summer, Nightblindness, Harder, and Only the Wine. That's awesome VickiC you got a set list, I think we were the only two to get one which means I was right up there with you trying to score one. I'm pretty sure this was my tenth show and it will be one I will always remember! There was a funny moment when David started to play Alibi he said "imagine an orchestra" and then he started on the piano and messed up and then said "good thing there wasn't an orchestra." I thought he was in a really great mood! There was a little yelling out for song requests and then one guy said play whatever you want and David pointed to him and basically gestured spot on! I can't wait for the next opportunity to see him live! It had been too long since the last time I saw him, I was starting to have some withdrawals!

nevermind and wolfie like this.
  9. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Thank you @bfeekes and @VickiC for the reviews!! I'm so glad that I could be part of the experience of this tour in my hometown in december.. I hope he will visit us in europe (and also you) again soon! :)

Before the concert he visited The Bridge 90.9 KC Local radio station for an interview and played three of his songs -> Only the Wine, Harder aaaaaaand Nightblindness (!!!!). Awesome!

http://bridge909.org/sessions/david-gray-solo-acoustic-tour-2017/

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    nevermind likes this.