Live in slow motion

Discussion in 'Live Performances' started by Tanya Desrochers, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Tanya Desrochers

Tanya Desrochers New Grayhead

hi again,

This dvd is my favourite so far. I love the intimacy of the concert room. His songs are amazing....

Anyway, can someone tell me if inside the plastic pocket there is a little guide? A friend borrowed it and it came back empty. I'm sure there was a paper guide or something.

If so, I'll just reorder a new one.

2. chris johnson

chris johnson Member Grayhead

If you mean the liner notes, yes, it has a nice booklet. All the lyrics, etc. And a couple of great pictures of David.

3. Tanya Desrochers

Yes, that's it... My friend told me there was nothing inside... Unbelievable.

I'll go order a new one if I'm lucky to find one.

Thanks!!

4. Tanya Desrochers

Wait, you sure about it? I mean the DVD, not the CD Life in slow motion...

Cause I remember having to go on the Internet to find the lyrics of Baltimore (the cover he made)

5. chris johnson

Oh, I was looking at the CD. If there is a DVD, the only one I have is "live at the point". As far as I know, there is no book for this DVD. There is one for "Mutineers " but I think I got that separately. Check davidgray.com under books.

6. Tanya Desrochers

I can only find it on amazon.ca. I can't see if there's a booklet or not.

I'll try to post a photo.. And btw, if you don't have that dvd, please buy it. It's one of the best concert ever from him....

7. Tanya Desrochers

8. Tanya Desrochers

And by the look of it, I'm sure there was a booklet in it. So I'll just order it through Amazon again....

9. chris johnson

I wasn't aware of this DVD. Are you in Canada? I will have to check Amazon again! I will order it for sure if I can find it. Thanks for the info.

10. Tanya Desrochers

Yes I am in Canada. You?

It's been a while this dvd, 2009 I think?? But it's worth it.

He sings Nos Da Cariad and Baltimore which are my 2 favourite songs in this DVD. Baltimore is a song by Randy Newman, I really don't like the original version... David made it beautiful..

It's on Amazon for 32$ but takes 1-2 months to ship.. At this point I don't care!

11. chris johnson

I found the DVD on amazon, UK. The range of prices is remarkable! But thanks so much for the recommendation.
    I've been listening to "Thousand Miles Behind". The album is all covers where David has added his special genius. If you don't have it yet, it's wonderful!
    I live in Olympia Washington, a great place to raise my corgis.

12. chris johnson

I found the DVD on amazon, UK. The range of prices is remarkable! I've been listening to "A Thousand miles Behind" all covers, but excellent! Check it out if you don't have it yet.

13. Tanya Desrochers

I do have the CD and there is only 2 songs I like in it "song of the siren" and "go down easy". The thing is most of these songs are countryish so really not my style. But David could sing the phone book and it would still be great.

I see by your profile picture you've been to UK? That's my goal for my 40th birthday... I have 3 years to do that lol

I've been obsessed with DG and England for a long time now... Too much sometimes, it scares me.

Never been to Washington but been to the IS a couple of times. I live near Montreal, so Vermont is quite close..

Actually, I've seen DG twice in Vermont, it's closer to go there than Toronto..

14. chris johnson

I hear you about being fascinated by DG.! I'm way too old for such a crush. Yes, I've also been to England twice. This year was a trip to the Crufts Dog Show. 22,000 dogs, it's the biggest dog show in the world. Still, I kept my eyes peeled for DG and wore a Mutineers sweatshirt in case.

15. Tanya Desrochers

I'm fascinated but I'm old anyway loll, I just turned 37, with 2 kids... So no time to chase other men.

I'm obsessed with his songs mostly... I find him to be a real gentleman as well...

About that blog, I can't believe I just found it... I'm normally aware about that kind of stuff but anyway, I'm happy to have find it.

I hope he knows it exists..

16. chris johnson

Want to sneak away and see DG in London?

17. Tanya Desrochers

I wish I could.. But no money for now. You can't go to England for only 1 week, you have to stay at least 3 weeks... And my children are too young (4 and 1).