May 2, 2014 Temple Performing Arts Center, Philadelphia, PA

Discussion in '2014 April/May - USA and Canada' started by davidcotyalex, Apr 1, 2014.

1. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

please post here all thoughts / comments / hopes and dreams / etc etc for this show

2. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Anyone going to this? Have fun tonight, all you lurkers! Come back and share your thoughts on the show!

Sarah.j and Eileen like this.
  3. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Well, despite the fact that everyone's got Boston on the brain there is a show tonight in Philadelphia. Hope everyone going has a wonderful time tonight! And I second what Rosalie said!

Eileen likes this.
  4. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

Hello Philadelphia. Are you sleeping?

5. Kari

Kari Member Grayhead

I know a few girls that are nervously on their way. It's a lot to take in all at once. Enjoy the night and don't forget to breath!! Tina ...Michelle. ..hope you're flight was good.

6. wolfie

Philadelphia - May 2, 2014

Gulls

Dun Laoghaire

Cake

Back In the World

As the Crow Flies

Mutineers

Incredible

Last Summer

Snow in Vegas

Girl Like You

Beautiful Agony

Birds of the High Arctic

Shine (solo)

TYL

Kathleen

TOIL

Fugitive

Sail Away

Ain't No Love

Babylon

-----------------------

Nemesis

Marcel, jan, ak11 and 4 others like this.
  7. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Thanks for the setlist, Wolfie ! Great that Dun Laoghaire was played -:)
    David Kitt was impressed by the audience:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcel likes this.
  8. wolfie

Yes, nevermind, I was pleasantly surprised to get Dun Laoghaire last night. Little touch of the Sounding Out tour. Interesting that David Kitt thought it was the best audience. There were a lot people shouting out for songs, asking questions, etc. all throughout the night and that was actually a bit tiresome. Of course, after New York anything would seem much better. So, so fortunate to get Ain't No Love. Last night's Sail Away and Nemesis were probably my favorite versions of the tour. David really loaded up the set list so not much time for an encore - just Nemesis. However, as I said, it was a terrific version of it so a nice way to end. All of the new stuff of course was fantastic. Because I am loving it so much I wouldn't mind a night of just the new stuff, no classics or anything. I just keep thinking about what special material David has in this new album and how I can't wait for the whole world to hear it!

Kari and nevermind like this.
  9. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Here is Babylon from the 2. May :)
    Magical !!!! <3 Btw: @Marcel We need a nice heart-emoticon !! :shamefullyembarrased:
    Good audio quality.. Complete Song!!

Marcel, Kari and jan like this.
  10. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

jan, JackieJo, wolfie and 3 others like this.
  11. wolfie

Watching those videos reminds of something I've been remiss to comment on and that is the production quality of this tour. Everything from the sound to the lights to the visual stuff has been so well done. Really, really impressive and a testament to the hard work of the people behind the scenes who make it all come together each night.

jan, nevermind, Sarah.j and 2 others like this.
  12. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

Agreed, especially on the lighting. As much as I missed Tom, I made it a point to speak to both of the fellows on the lighting console to tell them how much I enjoyed the lighting show.

nevermind and Sarah.j like this.
  13. MsChillman

MsChillman New Grayhead

So late to the draw here, but yeah... what Wolfie said! :) I, too, noticed improvement with the lighting and general production from the DTL tours. This, though a "warm-up," had a very finished quality to it.

Regarding the audience, I would say that they were generally polite, save a few overenthusiastic nut jobs shouting unnecessary compliments and requests. DG seemed to take it in stride though, recognizing it for what it was: enthusiasm. He did, in his own way, let them know that they were not as funny/cute as they thought. Eventually, the audience turned on each other just enough to keep the hoodlums in check. Too many goons taking flash pictures too. :( But otherwise, very into the music and mostly polite during the parts that mattered.

It really got me pumped for the album. I can't wait to dig in a dissect some new lyrics!

Christine

Marcel and nevermind like this.