May 4, 2014 Danforth Music hall, Toronto, ON

Discussion in '2014 April/May - USA and Canada' started by davidcotyalex, Apr 1, 2014.

1. tony

tony Active Grayhead

Great stuff Simon, Headphone music for my Weekend. THANK! YOU!

2. DarinCMU

DarinCMU New Grayhead

Agreed - great quality recording. Thanks!

3. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

I know y'all are gonna hate on me for this but I actually talked to rob about restricting the youtubes that go up for exactly that point................i think youtubes are by and large a huge disservice to the artist let alone to the fan who feels compelled to hold an iphone up......but let the fan do what they may the point I was making is the crap that gets leaked - particularly in advance of the album - may give the wrong impression - as it just did in this case

simon151 likes this.
  4. davidcotyalex

I would also like to again point out how cool our relatively new grayhead is.............while I in no way speak for anyone apart from myself Simon had the courtesy to check in if it is ok to share such wonderfulness...............again I thought it was a classy gesture that maybe I shouldn't be making public but feel right in doing so...........so thanks again dood for both the courtesy and the recording I am gonna enjoy this weekend along with tony! :p

Marcel and tony like this.
  5. s06

s06 New Grayhead

I can understand why fans like posting their concert videos, though; even if their cameras don't capture the sound very well, it's still an intimate memento for them to share with their friends and family, remembering their experience at the live concert. They try their best with the equipment they have.

6. davidcotyalex

oh i get that and totally up to them................my point is when they go up on you tube it extends beyond the f&f realm and is now totally out there in the public domain

not that I am at all down with people who hold up iphones............. ;)

7. tony

tony Active Grayhead

i think a recording like simon's is in every bit an act of passion, trying to get a good recording, mixing the thing and giving people on the other side of the world or wherever the opportunity to sit down and really listen. whereas holding up a phone is more a zeitgeist thing. i feel it's a bit overrated, for instance kari's mutineers has under 300 views... compared to the masses of files it's just meritless.

edit: and to simon, i'm glad you asked and all but wow this so badly needed to be on archive.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  8. davidcotyalex

i am not talking about scott brown - or simon - or marcel with the stealthy way he does it ;)

I love a good audio recording and listen to them all the time.................the ONLY time I listen to youtubes is if I cannot get a legit fix elsewhere or I want to clog up my friends' feeds with my incessant postings on various musicians I am cryin about those days........... :)

It was a conversation with no clear side or answer - it appears to me thath purposefully restricts to only sanctioned videos - hence there isn't any bad quality out there for the most part - or at least that was true around the album release..............not sure that is the answer either - but I am behind the artist having his people monitor the situation and restrict the crap..........I view kari's vids as the exception to the rule cuz she was just in a great spot at the right time........99% aren't that good

tony likes this.
  9. davidcotyalex

by the way I am just on as the crow flies and agree this is very good so far.............but even this recording is having trouble capturing the essence of the sound textures...........I don't how you would get that without going through the board.....

edit: simon where were you sitting? my guess is up front........

10. davidcotyalex

to me it only tells me again to sell this sheite to the fans..........legit sb recording

new world order :)

thefox likes this.
  11. tony

tony Active Grayhead

i'm ahead of you :) on snow in vegas and just changed my mind that it is better than the original vegas show.... whoah adventurous assumption

davidcotyalex likes this.
  12. davidcotyalex

I am all about new horizons tony lmfao :)

will have to stop it short of ya until tomorrow as we have baseball playoffs in frisco tonight..........i agree wolfie last summer is astounding :)

tony likes this.
  13. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

YES! Do what Dave Matthews (aka that guy...from that thing......who started your career...) does!!! I'd be broke tomorrow if that happened.

But, predictably, there's gonna be some sort of professional capture done on the live end. (It may take YEARS *coughcascade* but it's still likely to happen, yeah?)

14. davidcotyalex

dca label sheite doods :)

15. tony

tony Active Grayhead

i know a lot of members miss neil, but is it fair to say that kitt and smith add some proper freshness to it? fugitive sounds so good... and how the audience don't even recognize the start of babylon, first time i listened through babylon in years.... man, i'm a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing right now. bed now. ok, one more beer one more birds, bed soon.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
    jan and wolfie like this.
  16. davidcotyalex

hahaha and spot on!!!! I too listened to babylon in boston and it was great8!!!!

totally agree on the new sound............mesmerizing

sweet dreams of dg goodness lol! :)

jan likes this.
  17. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

:)

Absolutely!

18. tony

tony Active Grayhead

finished my first listen of the bootleg.
    there is a harsh glitch around 9mins30secs of nemesis and my ears are bleeding into my headphones right now...

but heck, totally worth it! :nurse:

Last edited: May 10, 2014
    davidcotyalex and thefox like this.
  19. davidcotyalex

you sure it isnt cuz you were hammered??!! I thought you were going to bed two hours ago! ;)

20. tony

tony Active Grayhead

yeah i'm working on it... on it... on it... on it.....