Milwaukee, WI- Pabst Theater - May 19, 2017

Discussion in 'Tour 2017' started by wolfie, May 19, 2017.

1. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Okay, I am starting this thread because I know there are some people out there who are really looking forward to this show - @KirstenH and @sixstringedman !

I am so excited for tonight and I am crossing fingers and toes for a superb setlist. I am going to the show tonight with the person I went to my very first DG show with many, many shows ago. It is like going back to the beginning for me so really feeling this one tonight.

Anyway, to everyone out there going to the Milwaukee show have a great time and let's be a great audience for DG!

2. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

If anyone wants to meet at the bar in the Pabst when the doors open at 7, we will be there! Grabbing a quick bite before before probably won't have too much time before the doors open. Looking forward to seeing everyone and for a great show!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevermind and wolfie like this.
  3. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Have a blast!! My fingers are crossed for an awesome setlist. Can't wait to hear all about it!

bfeekes, KirstenH and sixstringedman like this.
  4. serotonin

serotonin New Grayhead

Who is the opener? He is awesome!!

5. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

@serotonin , opener is J.S. Ondara. I really liked his voice and energy. Exceeded my expectations for sure!

@KirstenH and @sixstringedman , it was a pleasure to see you again. I loved seeing your happy faces at the end of the night. Hope to see you both again soon!

This was a great night for me. It is always fun to go to a show with someone who is not a huge fan and get a new perspective on DG and the DG concert experience. The Pabst Theater is a beautiful venue and perfect for this tour. The crowd was fantastic. It may have been cold outside but you could feel the warmth in that room - all the love and admiration for David was palpable. The crowd was quiet when needed and participated when appropriate. Everyone stayed standing for the last two songs (a first for me on this tour) and was quiet as could be during the first (Nemesis) and sang along during the second (TYL). It was just a great vibe all around. Biggest highlight and most pleasant surprise musically was Last Summer. Extended and expanded and just a great musical trip. I also really enjoyed Gathering Dust and Slow Motion last night. Setlist was a good mix of some old treasures and greatest hits type stuff. Biggest disappointment was no Nightblindness. Overall, a really nice show in terms of the atmosphere, sound, energy, etc.. Milwaukee will remain one of my must-go tour stops.

Setlist for Milwaukee:

Snow in Vegas

Back in the World

Shine

Gathering Dust

Twilight

Flame Turns Blue

Only the Wine

Please Forgive Me

Fugitive

Kathleen

World to Me

Last Summer

Dun Laoghire

Slow Motion

The One I Love

Be Mine

Other Side

Sail Away

Babylon
    --------------

Nemesis

This Year's Love

nevermind, Bec1, VickiC and 2 others like this.
  6. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

I too thought it was a great night. J.S. Ondara was a nice opener. He had a very nice voice and good songs. I expect to hear more of him in the future.
    David is still going as strong as ever. I thought his voice sounded really good. Lots of love from the crowd, and he felt it. I enjoyed seeing him using the loop pedal on some of the songs also. The layers of sound in Last Summer were beautiful and mesmerizing. He talked about Solva when he introduced it. That made me think of the Time of Your Life show where he gave a tour of the town and how it influenced his life. Such a beautiful place to grow up.
    I was happy to hear Kathleen and Dun Lagohaire again. It took me back to when I first heard Dun Lagohaire on the Ireland livestream over my computer on a Sunday afternoon. Sad that Gulls wasn't on the setlist though.
    It is always wonderful seeing you @wolfie and @sixstringedman! The friendship and encouragement from a fellow Grayhead is a special thing. I will treasure that. I hope we have many more years of sharing DG music ahead of us!
    I hope the rest of the US tour and the Ireland tour is just as wonderful for all who attend.

Sincerely,
    Kirsten

VickiC, nevermind and wolfie like this.