Mutineers

Discussion in 'The Lyrics' started by Birdie, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

I am looking for some words which are not to be found in the Mutineers - Booklet. At the end of Mutineers Dave shouts: >move / kick off your shoes / and move / ............ and the rest of it? Can anybody make it out?

Love, Birdie

2. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

i thought he was just mooing

[​IMG]

3. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

Yeah, at the first listenings I had that on my mind too.:D
    But if you turn up the speakers a bit more, it becomes clear that there are words.........

Love, Birdie

ak11 likes this.
  4. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

:cow::cow::cow::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

ak11 likes this.
  5. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

If I had to guess, it would be, "see the meteor showers".

6. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

Seems to be not so bad, but I don't think that's really it. Tried and tried again but can't find out-
    Already tried a live version but it is as worse..........

Love, Birdie

7. Illuminate

Illuminate New Grayhead

I hear it as, "I'm seeing meteor showers"

One of my favourite lines and songs off the album!

Julian likes this.
  8. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

After having several listenings I would say it might be right. But while thinking about it I started wondering, concerning the subject the song is about, what is happening there that makes him see meteor showers....... oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!:wideyed::woot:
    :smuggrin:

But by the way: it's one of my favourites, too. Really love it.

Love, Birdie

Illuminate and Julian like this.
  9. Julian

Julian Member Grayhead

In the 5th of the RAK sessions,a fantastic insight into the way the song was created;de-constructed and then recreated.All the elements he spoke about seem to come to life in the song.It's a great track.I'd like to hear him play more Harmonica on his records.The kick off your shoes line is his JK(Jamiroquai)moment!!:headphone:

Have to say at the moment I'm into Beautiful Agony.Great lyric.I like the last line."Read somewhere in Neptune's methane skies,it might be raining diamonds".Great imagery.

RosalieEP likes this.
  10. I am asking him this question next month...I meant to ask him last month after his show. I have been wondering the exact same thing. Regardless of the line, the "kick off your shoes, babe" makes me insanely love the song. I told DG that his best song, (IMO) "Destroyer" has been bested by "Mutineers"; and this is a from a very loyal 15 year fan. This new album and its title track is, by far, the most incredible album he's produced to date.

nevermind likes this.
  11. Cheryl

Cheryl New Grayhead

12. chris johnson

chris johnson Member Grayhead

I always thought Babylon made me pull the car over. Then the wonderful 'last boat to america' now , Mutineers is doing it to me. Not just the words but the tempo and how it builds and builds to 'kick off tour shoes babe'. I go barefoot a lot....

Crazy Canadian likes this.
  13. chris johnson

chris johnson Member Grayhead

If you're interested, buy a copy of the mutineers tour book. David has a fascinating comment about the song.

Crazy Canadian likes this.
  14. Birdie

Birdie Member Grayhead

I have a copy of the mutineers tour book and I found David telling a lot about several songs, but nothing about the song Mutineers...:bored:

Love, Birdie