New video message from David

Discussion in 'All About David' started by Rena, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

There is a lovely new video message from David on his FB page

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153401753859439&id=6776764438

You folks in the US are in for some special treats:

A new band !!!!!

Some of my favourite songs will see the light of day again - Nightblindness, Jackdaw and Draw The Line. And more not mentioned by name.

Very interesting about the band. I really hope
    that Tim, Robbie and Keith are still in that band. And I would love to see Neill back with them. But the later might be unlikely. We will see.

John, Stuart Ronayne and nevermind like this.
  2. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

New band and new songs! Wow! Excited for our friends in the U.S.! Just let me check the airfares from Europe to the US. :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Really interested to see who is in the band ! Neill MacColl would be a nice surprise!

Lou x

John likes this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Oh yes!! Neill would be soooooo damn nice!!

Yes.. Robbie is for sure as there will alwayls be sand on the beach.. :D ;) Keith and Tim are important as well!!
    I guess the guitar player is a place to discuss.. Maybe just John (Smith) takes the part - or just David Kitt... But I really hope Neill makes it!! I love his style of perfectionism he adds to the songs.. I mean
    just look at the guitar part of Nemesis in Zermatt

:rolleyes::eek::)
    I bet Caroline won't join them on cello because it's not a "full show" as headliner and she's really busy..
    What about the background singers ?? ^^ :)

Can't wait to hear some new sets!! Of course I don't know something concrete - but I think the show in Lucerne will be one of the "solo" shows he announced.

I would love to hear "dancing with both feet off the ground" and "falling down the mountainside" - but: we will see ;)

Rena likes this.
  5. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Oh this hurts so bad to be so close, yet so far. The first show, on his birthday, is only four hours from me. I just can't figure out how to get there. This tour sounds so good!

sixstringedman and John like this.
  6. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Very cool! Can't wait to hear some of the older songs and the tweaked songs! Is it July yet??!!

7. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Fingers crossed you will find a way to see him @RosalieEP !

John likes this.
  8. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

Always amped and refreshed to see what we've got (if the Master Grayhead is feeling it of course!) If it's still a vocally strong group, I've been quietly hoping to hear a lot of voices/chorale approaches replacing some of those chord progressions in Freedom. I think that'd be pretty sweet - but naturally, probably not.

Y'all heard it here first though.
    PS Where's my NYC crew?

John likes this.
  9. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

"Le Band"
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434216735.633848.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434216800.763389.jpg

David, Robbie, John Smith, Keith and I don't know the keyboarder..

Main likes this.
  10. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

I do not think that's the keyboarder, John. That's not a band member. The keyboarder should still be Tim, hopefully.

What a nice sunny picture. This looks like a good way to spend a birthday.

11. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

Seen a few videos on YT and the band is DG, Rob, Tim, Keith and David. I think that is one of the roadies in the picture. Jealous of the setlists already!

I would call that the classic band line up too, White Ladder tour band up plus David Smith.

Rena likes this.
  12. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Classic indeed. Can't wait to get home and catch up on videos.

Btw. It's John Smith.

13. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

Ugh sorry of course it's John, my tired brain betraying me there.

Also WL tour band included Clune not Keith of course.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  14. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Well, you're totally right ;)

The band is:

David Gray, Robbie Malone as always.., John Smith on guitar (nice choice.. I like him!), Keith Prior (drums) and of course @Rena Tim Bradshaw (more on Synths than on keyboards) ^^ ;)
    Didn't saw his tweet or the vids (well then the guy on the photograph is a friend) while beeing busy and just had no internet or just slow one on the phone.. :D

Good mood confirmed.. ..can't wait o_O:rolleyes::oops:

15. tony

tony Active Grayhead

I think the guy is in the band... his Hat looks familiar:

16. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Oh Destroyer. Such a great song. Thanks for bringing that performance back to mind, Tony.

The guy with the hat in the video is James Hallawell who left the band a couple of years ago and then played with the Waterboys until recently. Tim Bradshaw took his place in David's band, what a great addition. He is still with them on the current tour and hopefully will stay for a long time to come.

I know the guy on the picture, he is working with them but not a musician.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  17. Robbman

Robbman New Grayhead

Disappointed to not have the backup singers from last year. I thought Naiamh's (spelling) voice was a lovely addition, and REALLY disappointed they don't have Caroline. But.. they aren't coming to my town, and I can't find time to travel for a show, so it's not like I'm missing out.. but those parts were real highlights for me last year.

18. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

dang trevor lost weight ehhh @Rena ??!! so so so stoked that he is tm'g this one!

robbman while I am sure we would all love to have that same line-up back out there it was also ridiculously impractical

and trust me I am as upset my girlfriend is staying home as anyone!! ;)

WhereIfall2013, John and Rena like this.