Nos Da Cariad

Discussion in 'The Lyrics' started by Tanya Desrochers, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Tanya Desrochers

Tanya Desrochers New Grayhead

Hi guys,

Anyone would know anything about that song? I know what the title means but I was wondering the meaning of the song.

Thanks!

2. chris johnson

chris johnson Member Grayhead

After reading your post I listened to Nos da Cariad again. It is a lovely song that I've liked since I first heard it. I have to agree that it's meaning has escaped me also. That's one of the fascinating things about David's work. I try to figure out meanings by reading everything I can find - even tO looking stuff up on Wikipedia! My first project was trying to learn why he used the word "Babylon ". The only thing I came up with on that was that it's a really cool word to say. It feels good to say it. Like "salsa" or "velvet".

3. Tanya Desrochers

Tanya Desrochers New Grayhead

That's what I like about any music, we are never too sure about the meaning or when we thing we do, the artist always comes up with an explanation that makes sense.

I so wish to meet him properly someday, invite him to a pub and then ask him about all his music.

Crazy Canadian likes this.
  4. chris johnson

I day dream about meeting David all the time. He would have to do the talking because I would be unable to speak!

Crazy Canadian likes this.
  5. chris johnson

I received my DVD of Live in Slow Motion. You were right Tanya, there are no liner notes other than the label with song titles and credits. Can't wait to see it!