Nov 25 2014 X-Tra - Zurich, Switzerland

Discussion in '2014 November December Continental Europe and UK' started by Rena, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

All the pre and post gig anticipation and joy can go in here.

Tickets are on sale now from this link: ticketcorner.ch

The venue is great. So is the audience. I have seen David there in 2010 and it was amazing. What a vibe.

2. Main

Main Active Grayhead

YAY!! I am sooooo happy that he is coming to Switzerland and to Zurich even, which is SO close to where I live! Got three tickets and will go with hubby and 17 year old daughter.

3. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Passing it all on to you now. Make them want to do a bigger tour, please. The Cologne and Utrecht audience did very well : )

David and his magnificent band are in top form. Have a blast ! I so wish I could go but there is no way I can't be at the office tomorrow.

So we are looking forward to the setlist and reports...

4. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Leaving work in an hour. I might miss some of the support act, but I will definitely be there before David starts! I am lousy with setlists... Will come back here tomorrow with my report, though :D

After reading about Köln and Utrecht, I am even more excited than before! :D

Marcel likes this.
  5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Have a great time. Both David Kitt and John Smith are good support acts, a pity to be missed but of course work comes first.

Enjoy the show. I so wish I could be there...

Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow :)

Main likes this.
  6. Main

Main Active Grayhead

We managed to get to X-tra in time and we could even walk up to a great spot, fairly close to the stage (6 or 7 rows of standing people in front of us). No support act (I think because X-tra is a club and my guess is they wanted to open it after the concert, but I am not certain) and David came on stage shortly after 8pm.
    Like I said no setlist from me, because I have a BAD memory and I would have to type them into my iPhone and I didn't want to do that. I think Marcel might help us out, though ;)

David was fantastic, as usual! The audience was respectful (with one exception), which means quiet when they were playing and loud applause afterwards. Typical Swiss, I'd say. :) David's voice was strong for almost the whole concert, it did sound strained on one of the early songs in the concert, but then it was great until the very end.

I loved hearing the new songs live. I liked Cake better live than on CD, even though I think it wasn't all that different. And the old(er) songs (Shine, Flame, Alibi, Sail etc) were feeding my soul. Like meeting old friends. Some look (in this case: sound) a bit different, but you love them just the same.

I also LOVE it when it is just David and his guitar or piano. To me, that is when his talent is the most obvious. But then again, when the full band is playing and the music is just sooooo beautiful, that is fantastic too.

I will upload some pics tomorrow.

wolfie, RosalieEP, KirstenH and 3 others like this.
  7. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thank you for coming back on here right after the concert @Main. This sounds like yet another great show. I remember the audience there being a good one from last time.

Glad you enjoyed it and looking forward to your pictures.

8. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Ah David posted a setlist himself... :) He did Snow in Vegas and Shine Solo.

(edited because of my mushy brain)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  9. Main

Main Active Grayhead

10. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

zurich.jpg
    Another nice setlist, with Silver Lining, Flame, Alibi etc.. great stuff.
    So the Solo was Shine and Snow in Vegas.

I think we can say that this mini euro tour was a great success... sold out venues and lots of good reviews, such a shame it was only 3 dates but the intention is there to come back in 2015.

Cheers :happy:

RosalieEP, carmel59 and Main like this.