November 2016 "The Best Of" Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Tour 2016' started by DogearedCarrie, Oct 3, 2016.

1. DogearedCarrie

DogearedCarrie Member Grayhead

The US is getting a small tour! I am so excited!

I decided to log into my DG website account to make sure I know my password and it said I didn't have an account with my email. I had to create a new one, which is VERY odd since I've been buying tickets and cds off his website for YEARS, and I pre-ordered the new cd. I could be some random exception, but you might want to double check your account before the pre-sale starts.

RogerFla and Gecko like this.
  2. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

Ahhh yes! Most artist's I follow have sought to this tactic recently - by resetting everyone's accounts and mailing list preferences, you can help fight the long arduous battle of scalpers. I think that's why they do it anyhow..

3. Gecko

Gecko Member Grayhead

I just tried to login & am having the same issue!

4. RogerFla

RogerFla New Grayhead

Same thing happened to me tonight. Even though I get email notifications, like the one for the north american leg of the 2016 acoustic tour, I still couldn't log in from the tour link on Davidgray.com I had to create a new account with the same email address and same address info. I shut down my browser, reopened it, went to Davidgray.com and now it works.

5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Hi folks I have already mentioned this in the other thread when the European tour dates went on sale.

The data base on davidgray.com has had a major cleanup and everyone needs to set up a new account. Please make sure you are all set if you want to participate in the presale.

6. HB in VA

HB in VA Member Grayhead

Woohoo! Just got my tickets for DC. Show #14 coming up!

7. Heather

Heather New Grayhead

Myself and four other people tried for tickets to the Toronto show. Nothing...
    :(

8. DogearedCarrie

DogearedCarrie Member Grayhead

This has been frustrating. For the DC show, it keeps telling me, "We’re sorry, but all tickets in this section are currently being reserved. However, we are not sold out at this time. Please refresh and try again."

Edited to add: And now it's sold out. :(

9. Gecko

Gecko Member Grayhead

Nothing for NY :(

10. Seneca

Seneca Active Grayhead

Yep... Same for me :(

I was there right at 10, with a timer and everything. If it makes you feel any better (yeah right), there's sure to be a good amount of tickets on stubhub for double the cost of face value :rolleyes:

11. HB in VA

HB in VA Member Grayhead

Wow. I feel really lucky! There will be plenty available on Friday when they go on sale to the public.

12. Matt

Matt New Grayhead

Was lucky enough to get tickets to NJ show, but doubt any of the presale tickets will be resold, as they can only be picked up day of show. Also, there was a note in buying terms about resale, which is great. Love it when artists try to ensure true fans can attend (and in amazing seats!), and limit ability to resell/profit off their generosity. Wish there were more tickets to go around, but hopefully everyone gets good seats during general on-sale. Thankfully there won't be a long wait for these shows; looking forward to seeing DG acoustic, up close and personal.

UNLAWFUL RE-SALE OF TICKETS; COMMERCIAL PURPOSES

Unlawful resale of tickets (or attempted resale) is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.

John likes this.
  13. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian Member Grayhead

well, I may as well join in... I was unsuccessful in getting tix for Boston or NY... I guess now I wait for Friday...

14. Bdub15

Bdub15 New Grayhead

Totally agree with the frustration.... was unable to get tickets, and wondering if there was some issue with the site being unable to handle the traffic. Guess I'll wait for Friday, too. :(

15. Lara

Lara Member Grayhead

My concert buddy and I had the same problem this morning...20+ minutes of trying and re-trying because the message about "tickets being processed - but not sold out" kept coming up, until they were sold out. We'll have to attend this one as civilians I guess, with seats in the back. Ah well...faraway DG is better than no DG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy Canadian and John like this.
  16. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

i literally kept trying, over and over again until the servers finally picked up again... and started clicking about 5 times a second. DG's site is usually pretty good, but this one was ridiculously frustrating to deal with. Needless to say this 26 year old Bostonian is seeing gig #10. May the force be with you at general sale. (FYI there could be some good opportunities with ticketmaster seating if people need to sell their tickets last-minute...)

17. Tanya Desrochers

Tanya Desrochers New Grayhead

i want to die right now.

i'm in MTL, have 2 small kids, wanted to bring my son to one of his concerts.

Too bloody far... Boston is about 5h drive just to get there. I'm not even talking about going to Toronto.

I'M PISSED you can't even imagine.

Someone knows if he'll add some new places?

I cannot NOT see him this year.

18. Gecko

Gecko Member Grayhead

Got NY tix today through the Live Nation pre sale!! :)

Upper mezz but happy to be in the building :D

19. Lara

Lara Member Grayhead

For those who have done the Ticketmaster presale...is a code needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Gecko

Gecko Member Grayhead

DANCE is the password

Lara likes this.