November 27th 2014 - Southend Cliffs Pavilion

Discussion in '2014 November December Continental Europe and UK' started by Rena, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

All the pre and post gig anticipation and joy can go in here.

Presale tickets will go on sale tomorrow, Sep 24 at 9 am BST on DavidGray.com tickets.

General sale will start on Friday.

2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

So? There are direct flights from Berlin to Southend. Which makes this the place to start seeing a few amazing concerts by the best contemporary artist.

Anyone else going?

nevermind likes this.
  3. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Yep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John likes this.
  4. Che

Che New Grayhead

Hello there

I have 2 single tickets for this show (one in the 3rd row, one 4th row) for sale at cost. Further details in the tickets for sale thread.

Wendy

5. Che

Che New Grayhead

Hello again

One of the single tickets has been claimed but I now have a pair of tickets in the third row for sale as well as a single seat in the 4th row. More details in the tickets for sale thread.

Please send me a PM if interested.

Wendy

6. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Aaahh, @nevermind never mind! That joke is.... :D :D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  7. gary english

gary english New Grayhead

who is the support band, anyone know..if its john smith ? if so I will take a walk down the pier and wait till he has finished.

8. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

It will either be David Kitt or John Smith. I do not know when you have last seen him. He so improved over the last couple of years. He gave an excellent support performance at the RAH earlier this year. The audience loved him and rightfully so. Go and give him a chance and you won't regret it.

RosalieEP and carmel59 like this.
  9. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

We have been here since late last night. Arrived into a thick foggy nothingness only to be surprised by a lovely view over the water in the morning.

Been to the venue already and learnt that the tickets purchased via DavidGray.com won't be available before 4 or even 5 in the afternoon. Just thought I'd share so no one would be going there in vain before that.

I am very excited about tonight. First of all because I can't wait to go through the wonderful experience of a David Gray show once again but also because it will be interesting to see the difference of ga standing shows on the continent and assigned seating in the UK.

Feel free to walk up and say hello if you see us somewhere at the front :)

Have a blast everyone!

nevermind likes this.
  10. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

The anticipation is building up...

Attached Files:

Marcel and nevermind like this.
  11. nevermind

FYI!
    image.jpg

Marcel and Rena like this.
  12. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

image.jpg What a great evening.

Just imagine, we got Flame Turns Blue ( complete with the story to it) and Mansion on the Hill. And another Nemesis from out of this world!

So the solo acoustic was

Mansion on the Hill
    Shine
    Babylon

More tomorrow!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    wolfie, RosalieEP, Main and 2 others like this.
  13. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

So... Sorry but it was late last night as we have been sitting with friends afterwards. Always a pleasure to see you, Wendy and Tony.

This was the first gig after the fulminant shows on the continent so of course there was a difference. The audience was not as outspokenly enthusiastic and cheering as the people on the continent. But then yesterday's show was all seated and those come naturally more subdued. The audience was much quieter but no less respectful for David's music. And everyone got up for Please Forgive Me when asked to do so by David.

Of course, David was more sincere and quieter as he adjusted to the audience. But certainly no less outstanding. I sat right in front of the piano and it was once more amazing to watch how much this man is into his music and his songs. He physically went along with the music and with his gestures he even enhanced the experience for me.

Birds Of The High Arctic is the perfect opener because it takes everyone out of their daily lives and into the magic realms of David's music.

It was a great journey he took us on, backwards from the fantastic new material all the way to the first song on his first album. Mansion on the Hill was a lovely surprise and so was Flame Turns Blue. There were so many moments of musical awesomeness, I can't name them all. And once again Nemesis was a journey to another world. This song is so dear to me.

So thanks to David and his fine musicians for yet another great evening. I can't wait for tonight.

14. nevermind

What @Rena said. It was a terrific concert and I'm so glad I managed to be there! I love his new songs and was enjoying the songs I didn't hear live for a 'long' time: the beautiful 'Flame' and the new arranged 'Silver Lining'! 'Nemesis' starts nowadays like a little bird trying to fly and than it develops the energy of an Jumbo jet, blowing us away! What a joy to see Robbie 'dancing' with his bass!
    For me Rob Malone is now the man who dances with the bass:)
    Great to meet our dear friends Wendy and Tony. See you in Liverpool!
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    wolfie, RosalieEP, John and 1 other person like this.
  15. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Oh excellent! I love Mansion on the Hill! So cool!

16. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Silver Lining is amazing to me. I have noticed too that Rob really gets into it, also his facial expressions show he is having so much fun.

John likes this.
  17. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

nevermind, this is so great. Reading the words that vision of Robbie and all of his energy came right into my eyes. Perfect.

nevermind likes this.