November 29th 2014 - De La Warr Pavilion Bexhill on Sea

Discussion in '2014 November December Continental Europe and UK' started by Rena, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

All the pre and post gig anticipation and joy can go in here.

Presale tickets will go on sale tomorrow, Sep 24 at 9 am BST on DavidGray.com tickets.

General sale will start on Friday.

2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

I have never heard of Bexhill-on-Sea but isn't it amazing how going to DG's shows makes us see new and interesting places we might never have gone to otherwise?

See you there @WhereIfall2013 !

3. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Member Grayhead

Sorry for my slow reply Rena! only just saw this. unfortunately I cannot make it this show :( my parents will be going though so I am very jealous of them and you for getting to go! I haven't been able to catch any of these shows in the UK (although I do have tickets for Peter Gabriel next Wednesday in London..)

Bexhill and the De La Warr Pavilion is a great place to see him, beautiful sea views, a very charming town centre. I hope you enjoy it. and I am also hoping there are more Euro dates next year, I would love a little jaunt to continent to see him.

4. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

That's a pity you can't go. If this is going to be anything like the European dates it's going to be outstanding.

I will look out for your parents and say hello. See you next year then.

5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

From David's Instagram this morning

image.jpg

6. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

And what a lovely place this is.

A picture I've taken from the venue's terrace earlier on: image.jpg

And another seaside impression. It's a glorious day here in Bexhill.

image.jpg

RosalieEP, Main and carmel59 like this.
  7. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

image.jpg And here comes tonight's schedule

8. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

image.jpg image.jpg Alright. Getting real excited.

Here is a look from the back of the balcony (not my seats) and a sign on the door.

Marcel and Main like this.
  9. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

And here is the view from my seat : )

image.jpg

RosalieEP, Main and Marcel like this.
  10. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

image.jpg So it was David Kitt tonight and not John Smith as announced. I enjoyed his set very much tonight. He was concentrated, to the point and created a beautiful mood with his unique style of guitar. Very nice!

11. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

I loved this. Loved this! Loved this!!!

All knackered now after a long walk in the cold back to the hotel so will write more about this wonderful evening in the morning.

Just this much: YES YES YES!!!!!
    So convincing. There really isn't anyone like David Gray.

The solo acoustic was

Coming Down!!!! Just imagine... Wow.
    Shine
    Babylon

Gulls is in brackets and was not played.

Nemesis definitely The song of the evening. And Silver Lining - what a passionate rendition.

I do not think I will get much sleep tonight. This gig left me on such a beautiful high.

It was great to meet Paul's parents once again and his lovely grandmother too. Such a pity you weren't able to come yourself.

Here is the setlist:

image.jpg

wolfie, RosalieEP, Main and 1 other person like this.
  12. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Folks you can trust Rena! It was an amazing concert! David was wonderful, the crowd was great, the sound was terrific and DG played 'Coming Down'! What's more to wish?! Oh, one thing (I couldn't agree more):

image.jpg

RosalieEP, John, Main and 1 other person like this.
  13. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

from: http://www.theargus.co.uk/leisure/a...Warr_Pavilion__Bexhill__Saturday_November_29/

After four years of silence David Gray is back.

Concerns about whether his tenth album, Mutineers, could come close to the perfection of the phenomenally successful White Ladder were forgotten as Gray opened his set with new single, Birds Of The High Arctic.

His distinctive voice was simply beautiful; powerful, warm and gravelly and the sold-out crowd of a thousand appreciative fans whooped and clapped loudly throughout the show.

This was a great gig; the light show was fantastic, the band was excellent and David Gray performed his new work and the old favourites with the same passion for over two hours.

As good as his new material was, it wasn't as memorable or catchy as the songs from his 1998 breakthrough album and after nine tracks David Gray generously delivered the songs we had all come to hear.

The audience came alive as the first bars of Sail Away rang out and we enjoyed a nostalgic hour as his band left the stage and Gray delivered a superb solo set of those songs from 16 years ago.

The crowd sang along to Babylon, swayed to This Year’s Love and, after an encore of The One I Love, gave Gray a standing ovation.

This tour is one of success after success.. Nice !

Marcel.

Rena, RosalieEP, Main and 1 other person like this.