NYC June 17th

Discussion in '2015 June July USA' started by thefox, Mar 17, 2015.

1. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

well i'm desperate enough. who else is coming?!

2. scb

scb New Grayhead

Amos Lee is awesome

3. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

Almost bought some... Two of my boys are at Boy Scout camp that week and I don't want to miss family night. Glad you will be there!

4. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

This is my birthday and would have been my pick...but that darn j.o.b. keeps getting in the way. Dallas it is!

5. Helen_Can

Helen_Can Member Grayhead

Thank goodness for the almighty powers of cabernet sauvignon.... it truly IS fascinating to see your willpower quickly squashed by a few glasses of red wine. Try to deny yourself the right to a pit ticket at the Radio City Hall gig for example.... Thank You Cabernet. This will be my very first concert this year. Sooooo geeked. :D

Rena likes this.
  6. Josh

Josh New Grayhead

Hi all.
    Do we know who is headlining here?

Thanks.

Josh

7. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

just answered in the VA thread - I would check with the venue

8. Chris34

Chris34 New Grayhead

Hey everyone - first time posting here. I now have a single extra ticket for tonight, row AA center, I think it's 4th row (behind the pit). From the presale. Total last minute but if anyone is interested let me know and I can meet you at the box office. Face value obviously.

9. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

1. Birds of the high arctic (killer)
    2. Bitw
    3. Mutineers
    4. My oh my
    5. Nightblindness (throwback)
    6. Toil
    7. Slow motion
    8. Vegas (with Leanne)
    9. Dancing WBFOTG (with Leanne) FINALLY!!!!!
    10. Babylon
    11. Fugitive
    12. Please forgive me (to encore)
    13. This years love
    14. Sail away.
    I've never been to Radio City being a Bostonian and all... But holy crap that was the most beautiful sonic atmosphere EVER. (Shoutout to the obnoxiously rude drunk couple in the front! Handle your stuff next time!) Amos Lee killed it today - and he ended on street corner preacher with a game of thrones outro. Ohhhhh Amos Lee.

Meanwhile ...

The set order may be muddled a bit but that's what was played! They ran late too! Yay! I haven't felt like that in a while - where the music and the venue just rocks your soul. Nice little power-set Dave! Nice job. Voice was on point, and that little band was tight. I missed the bigger band, and messing with Niamh (August Boston gig), so I went for John Smith. Needless to say I got him to smirk too.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  10. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thanks to you Jeremy for that speedy and great review - and the setlist as well. So you got Leanne, what a treat.

Lovely setlist and I am glad the atmosphere at Radio City Hall was so special. I thought it would be and seriously considered coming but there was no way.

Dancing With Both Feet Off The Ground!!!!! Sweetness.

Safe travels onward everyone.

11. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Thanks for the setlist, @thefox !

12. Helene777

Helene777 New Grayhead

Beautiful show. Went for David but also love Amos Lee. He was charming and his voice was magical. There's no better musical venue in NYC, acoustically, then Radio City. David was amazing as always. The set was shorter than his normal shows but I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the setlist, @thefox, you were right on-point. My love of his music is beginning to border on obsession, but that's not a bad thing is it???;)

Murphy243, nevermind and Rena like this.
  13. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

No @Helene777 that's a good thing actually. He is just THAT good.

Thanks for your thoughts about the show.

KirstenH, Marcel and sixstringedman like this.
  14. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Lol! That's okay, Helene777!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

@Helene777 We all are kinda obsessed of David or/and his music.. :D

nevermind likes this.
  16. Murphy243

Murphy243 New Grayhead

Glad to have found you all and know that I'm not the only one obsessed with David and his music. Just saw him in Atlanta and anxiously awaiting to see him in Red Rocks next week. Anyone else going?