October 11, 2014 - Palace Theatre - Columbus, OH.

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by wolfie, Oct 12, 2014.

1. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Setllist for Columbus:

Birds of the High Arctic

As the Crow Flies

Mutineers

Snow in Vegas

Cake

Back in the World

Girl Like You

Sail Away

Fugitive

Kathleen

Silver Lining

Nemesis

Gulls

TYL

Hospital Food (solo)

Babylon (solo)

My Oh My

Slow Motion

PFM

-----------------

Alibi

TOIL

What can you say about a show where you get to hear Birds of the High Arctic, Nemesis, Gulls, Slow Motion and Alibi?!? Heavenly. Great, great setlist. This was my bonus, unplanned show and I feel so fortunate that I was there. I lucked into buying a great seat from a very sweet guy who had extra tickets. Sometimes things just work out. Hospital Food is not one of my favorites but it was fun to hear and DG really got into it. Am I one of the few who hates staying seated during TOIL (I'm starting to think maybe I am... )?!? Anyway, I really enjoyed this show and am so happy I made the trip. Hoping others will post about the show!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Lance674

Lance674 New Grayhead

Thanks for posting the setlist Wolfie.

Sorry we couldn't make the trip this time around.

I also look forward to hearing others' thoughts on the show.

3. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

4. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

I was finally able to see David in a proper venue, beautiful theatre with fantastic acoustics.

Also got to hear David Kitt this time, and it was a real surprise, I thought he was a wonderful songwriter. He did come on stage lost (thought he was in Pittsburg), confused (forgot his lyrics) and homesick. But the audience was really with him and everything was A-OK. I really enjoyed his set. BTW, when David Gray came bounding out onto the stage, he plopped himself down at the piano and said "hello, Columbus!! I know where I am!!! Most everyone there didn't know why he said that, cause they were in the back drinking their beers.:D IMG_1815.jpg IMG_1824.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    nevermind likes this.
  5. carmel59

My view of the stage :confused::confused::eek::p:p IMG_1826.jpg

Saintsfan and nevermind like this.
  6. carmel59

It could be just my taste in photography but this is my favorite image of the night, except for the one I got of David smiling, but then his head got snipped!!! IMG_1834.jpg

nevermind, RosalieEP and wolfie like this.
  7. carmel59

I thought I'd try and get some shots of the band, don't see too many photos of them IMG_1838.jpg IMG_1857.jpg IMG_1879.jpg IMG_1883.jpg IMG_1935.jpg IMG_1948.jpg

RosalieEP likes this.
  8. carmel59

A few with a different quality about them IMG_1837.jpg IMG_1850.jpg IMG_1892.jpg

9. carmel59

Such a disappointment his head got cut off, but that smile....... IMG_1908.jpg

KirstenH and Michelle Credle like this.
  10. carmel59

Tiny dancer............ IMG_1928.jpg , oh I wish I had a video of this performance, priceless

RosalieEP likes this.
  11. carmel59

The end IMG_1950.jpg

KirstenH and nevermind like this.
  12. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Great photos!

Michelle Credle likes this.
  13. carmel59

Thank you nevermind, its becoming a passion , as a fledgeling , I have lots to learn.

nevermind likes this.
  14. Michelle Credle

Michelle Credle Member Grayhead

You got Hospital Food!!!!!!!!!! Would really like to hear that live. Bet it was fun. Lucky girl!! :)

wolfie likes this.