October 12, 2014 - Riverside Theater - Milwaukee, WI

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by sixstringedman, Sep 29, 2014.

1. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

Starting a thread as I am getting pumped with less than 2 weeks until the show! Every show I have seen @ the Riverside has never let me down. Beautiful space and great sounding room. I know @KirstenH is going... anyone else making their way to Milwaukee for this?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    KirstenH and wolfie like this.
  2. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

So glad you started this thread, sixstringedman. I will be there! Third time seeing DG at the Riverside and I can't wait!!

KirstenH and sixstringedman like this.
  3. sixstringedman

Perfect! Do you remember if they open the bar up in the Riverside before opening the gates? It's been a few years since I was there... actually the last one was DG back in 2010 there. I know KirstenH and I were discussing meeting up before the show at the box office and then I was thinking to do drinks either at the venue or across the street at Mo's Irish Pub. If you would want to meet up, let's figure out a time and place and we shall cheers to your 100+ shows! :)

wolfie likes this.
  4. wolfie

No, sorry, I don't remember. That's the last time I was there, too, and I think I got there right before the show started. If you guys do decide to meet up, just let me know. As for the cheers - we will cheers to DG!! :) So excited for you!

sixstringedman likes this.
  5. sixstringedman

I will let you know once we have a time and place figured out! I cannot wait to hear these new songs and the new band... I haven't seen him since the HOB Chicago show a couple years back and that left a pretty sour note in my mouth. Not to mention, that was my wife's first DG show and she left sort of uninspired due to the crowd issues with that one.

wolfie likes this.
  6. wolfie

Ugh, the crowd at the HOB Chicago show was awful - the worst! This will be like night and day. I can't wait to get your reaction to the new songs and new band - but I think I can guess it's going to be very positive on both! I have my ticket already so anytime and anyplace works for me for a meet up and thanks for including me. :)

sixstringedman likes this.
  7. sixstringedman

I just cannot wait for my wife to see him in better form and with a better audience. That was not the way I wanted to introduce DG to her as far as live performances, cause we all know how his music is completely and totally better live.

AND, of course, BOTHA. Ahhhhh... that will be amazing. See you in a couple weeks and I will be in touch!

If anyone else is coming and wanted to make this an official DG meetup, step on up and we can cheers DG together before the show!

KirstenH and wolfie like this.
  8. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

Count us in for a meet up! I have persuaded my husband to leave the work behind and have some fun.
    I absolutely love the beautiful Riverside theater because the audience knows how to show the love to DG.
    So yes, a proper toast to 100 shows indeed! :cigar: (we need a drinking emoticon)

JackieJo, sixstringedman and wolfie like this.
  9. sixstringedman

Anyone else coming to the gig and want to join us for a drink? Planning a little meet up at the Irish Pub across the street before the show, so let us know! Only a couple more days!

10. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

KirstenH, wolfie and sixstringedman like this.
  11. wolfie

Thank you for posting that @nevermind. Really wishing I was on Facebook right about now... :arghh:

nevermind likes this.
  12. sixstringedman

I just won a spot to the radio show!! SO excited for Sunday!

13. wolfie

@nevermind - I just want to thank you, again, for posting about the radio session. I would never have known about it and I have always wanted to go to one of those. It's going to take some rearranging of things and some luck to make it there in time, but were it not for your post I wouldn't even have the chance, so thank you.

I am really looking forward to Milwaukee. I share your excitement, sixstringedman! :)

nevermind and sixstringedman like this.
  14. sixstringedman

Yes... A huge thanks for the info and post @nevermind. I am so glad I saw your post and was able to get in :)

nevermind likes this.
  15. wolfie

Setlist for Milwaukee:

Birds of the High Arctic

Girl Like You

As the Crow Flies

Mutineers

Last Summer

Beautiful Agony

Back in the World

My Oh My

Sail Away

Alibi

TOIL

Flame

Gulls

Gutters Full of Rain (solo)

Shine (solo)

TYL

Fugitive

Kathleen

Silver Lining

PFM

----------------------

Babylon (solo)

Nemesis

I made it to the radio session DG did at noon and was so glad I did. DG played Birds of the High Arctic, BITW and Gutters Full of Rain and was interviewed. Very entertaining and a nice bonus for the trip. David played Gutters Full of Rain at the concert, too, and it was gorgeous. Such a treat to get to hear that and Shine back to back. Beautiful venue and very energetic crowd. There was a proposal in the front row during TOIL. Don't see that everyday. Stunning Nemesis with the "I was looking back.." element I just love. Always a great show in Milwaukee and last night was no different. Sixstringedman and Kirsten, it was lovely to meet you and your spouses. I hope to see you again someday. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the show.

16. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Gutters!! Wow!! I am assuming the radio gig was recorded and will be posted somehow? Sounds great! Glad you enjoyed it!

Michelle Credle, nevermind and Kari like this.
  17. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

Thank you for posting the set list Wolfie! It was such a pleasure meeting you, Wolfie and Sixstringedman. Such wonderful people to meet for the first time from this board. I hope we can meet again.
    I was so happy to hear John Smith. I enjoyed his songs and guitar playing. He is a quick wit with a good sense of humor.
    I think David and the band are meant for old theaters. I think they sound best in an intimate setting. The quietness adds to the intensity of the songs.
    Gulls sounded beautiful as always. Gutters Full of Rain and Shine were great. Flame threw him for a lyric loop, but still is a special song to me, so happy to have heard it again. Nemesis is still as epic as ever and he had the audience in a trance. Still an amazing song.
    Milwaukee has a great history with DG and loves him very much. I hope he will return.
    I still have a bag of vinyl unsigned, so I will keep carrying it with me to the shows to come, and maybe someday a front row ticket. As always a great night.
    All the best,
    Kirsten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  18. wolfie

Kirsten, it as a pleasure meeting you, too! Last night the two seats next to me were empty the entire show and I was heartbroken because I kept thinking that those could have been your seats. I hope you have a great time at the Minneapolis show!

KirstenH likes this.
  19. sixstringedman

What a day Sunday was! It was a pleasure meeting you both, @wolfie and @KirstenH! Not much to say that wasn't said, but both the radio performance and the show were nothing short of amazing. Gutters was a complete surprise (both times) and I loved hearing it twice in one day :) I have always had a connection with that song and to hear it live was one of those songs on my bucket list. Great energetic crowd that actually got off their feet for the last few songs. I haven't been listening to the newer versions of Silver Lining and I absolutely loved the new version. The couple that proposed were right next to us and it was quite the sweet moment, as many of their friends were sitting around them and had signs, etc. to make the moment for them. David seemed to be quite the good mood and was seeming to have lots of fun right along with the crowd. Certainly a day I won't forget!

KirstenH and nevermind like this.
  20. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Crazy World! Marriage proposal even on YouTube :D

sixstringedman and carmel59 like this.