October 14, 2014- Northrop - Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by KirstenH, Oct 15, 2014.

1. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

Set list for Minneapolis:

Birds of the High Arctic

As the Crow Flies

Mutineers

Last Summer

Gulls

Back in the World

Girl Like You

My Oh My

Fugitive

Life in Slow Motion

Nemesis

Laughing Gas (solo)

TYL

Shine (solo)

Falling Down the Mountainside (solo)

Flame Turns Blue

Sail Away

Silver Lining

PFM

Babylon

TOIL

sixstringedman, Iowafan, Rena and 3 others like this.
  2. Iowafan

Iowafan New Grayhead

Newbie to the forum.

This concert was my first time seeing David. Well worth the 8 hour round trip. Crawled into bed at 3:15 this morning.

What energy and enthusiasm from both David and the audience. Northrop is a lovely looking and sounding venue.

Kirsten: Thanks for the set list. Thanks to the reverent audience my audio recording sounds great. Is there part of the forum where shows are traded?

KirstenH and RosalieEP like this.
  3. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

@Iowafan Welcome here!! Wow, that is a far far way for the first time seeing David Gray! Great you liked it and you had luck with the great audience.
    You may upload your audio recording on https://archive.org/ and then share the link here.. Can't wait to hear it - Thank you!

KirstenH likes this.
  4. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

I <3 tapers! Glad you had such a great experience. Hope to get to hear your recording soon!

John likes this.
  5. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

Welcome to the Forum @Iowafan! You picked a great performance for your first concert! Northrop is an elegant and beautiful sounding venue, the kind of place they were meant to perform in. The audience was so attentive and respectful, so it was easy to get lost in each song. Glad to hear you were able to record it. Thank you for sharing it with all of us! Hope you will have more DG concerts to come.
    I still have a smile a mile wide and the songs are still swimming in my head. So glad to have made this my final Mutineers show. The Mutineers songs are a such a joy to hear live. The band sounded crystal clear (like he said on Instagram) and their harmonies were beautiful. I will admit, when it is David and just his guitar singing Falling Down the Mountainside, I am just as happy. Flame Turns Blue was just perfect too. We all have our favorites.
    I hope all of you on the other side of the pond have some great performances yet to see. I am glad we can share in the joy of this beautiful music.

Kirsten

sixstringedman and davidcotyalex like this.