Opening Acts?

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by Gecko, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Gecko

Gecko Member Grayhead

Will there be opening acts for this weekend's shows in NJ and CT? Thanks

2. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

I believe it will be John Smith in NJ and David Kitt in CT.

3. Gecko

Gecko Member Grayhead

Thanks Wolfie. It's weird how this info isn't readily available.

4. Gecko

Gecko Member Grayhead

John Smith opened last night in NJ & he was awesome!!

Michelle Credle and wolfie like this.
  5. wolfie

Gecko, glad you enjoyed John Smith. He's been getting a lot of standing ovations and hopefully a lot of new fans!

Since you were at the NJ show may I ask how the show was and if you remember any of the setlist (did DG do any songs solo?)? Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    Michelle Credle likes this.
  6. Adam

Adam New Grayhead

First time poster and Grayhead here..was at the NJ show and can give a review/setlist as best I remember. David opened the show with Back In the World-As The Crow Flies-Mutineers. Then continued with a run thru of Mutineers songs..Don't remember the exact order but it included Beautiful Agony, Girl Like You, Birds of The High Arctic, and Last Summer. Crowd was receptive to the new songs. Then on to the "good stuff" which began with Sail Away, then My Oh My. He did bring back "Gulls" - I remember there being a fight in the balcony at the start of the song! David noticed and stopped playing, made a comment/joke about it then restarted. Def uncomfortable moment as a fan. Next few songs included "Nemesis" "Slow Motion" "TYL" "Silver Lining"... Acoustic set was "Shine" , "Babylon" and "Gathering Dust". Ended with "Please Forgive Me" "Fugitive" and "TOIL". Set was about 2 hour and 10 minutes. Overall great time (except for the fight interruption) had at first show - sorry you missed it Wolfie.

7. Michelle Credle

Michelle Credle Member Grayhead

He truly is awesome!!!!!!! :)

nevermind, RosalieEP and wolfie like this.
  8. wolfie

Adam, welcome to the forum and thank you for that! So glad to see Gulls back. And wonderful that he played Gathering Dust. That's pretty crazy about the fight. Sounds like a great show, though. Thanks, again.

nevermind and Michelle Credle like this.
  9. Michelle Credle

Michelle Credle Member Grayhead

Shelby said the people fighting took the title, "Nemesis", too far. lol

nevermind and wolfie like this.
  10. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

Sounds like a great set! Love to see Gulls brought back... hopeful for that this coming Sunday @ Milwaukee. And to see both Shine and Gathering Dust played. Not too shabby of a night! Welcome to the forum and thanks for the report!

nevermind likes this.
  11. sixstringedman

Are David Kitt and John Smith still just rotating nights for the opening act then?

12. wolfie

Yes, that is how it's been working on this leg of the tour. That means John Smith in Milwaukee - yay!

Michelle Credle and KirstenH like this.
  13. sixstringedman

Perfect! I was hoping he would be the opener there. :)

KirstenH likes this.
  14. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

Chuffed!! :happy: