Salthill, Co. Galway - Seapoint Leisure - Dec 11, 2013

Discussion in 'Tour 2013 in Ireland Sounding Out' started by Rena, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

All conversation about the December 11, 2013 show at Seapoint Leisure - Salthill, Co. Galway can go into this thread. This includes all the excitement, pre-concert meet ups and post concert conversations, reports, setlists...

2. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Looking forward to the reviews!:)

3. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

me too!!!! :cool:

4. Seneca

Seneca Active Grayhead

Cool, new forum! I look forward to following the discussion once this tour starts!

5. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

And welcome to the forum Seneca !

Are you going to the tour ?

Enjoy & take care,

Marcel.

6. Seneca

Seneca Active Grayhead

Thanks!

I am, unfortunately, not going on the tour. I'm stuck here in the States and don't have the time or money to invest in what I'm sure would be the trip of a lifetime. Still... I can't wait to hear these new songs that David has mentioned pulling out for the tour!

7. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

There a lot of us here who feel the exact same way .

8. daveeliver

daveeliver Member Grayhead

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anybody knows the capacity of the Seapoint Leisure Centre.
    I walked past it in the summer and thought it was an amusement arcade and since I was lucky enough to get tickets,I've tried to find the info, but so far no luck.
    Really looking forward to a few weeks of good music (Dylan twice(good...??)), Waterboys, David and David Ford.
    Really like the new forum, thanks for all the hard work to those involved.
    Take care
    Dave

9. davidcotyalex

ooooh I looove the little sub-box when eileen commented to seneca.................very nice mr mod very nice!!

10. davidcotyalex

oh nice mr liver..........Ford you say??!!

there are a few from family ford over here ;)

are you going on this tour where he is support I suppose? From what I just saw yesterday I think the set list is bold and solid!

sounds like a great month..........I meanwhile will be in a frickin hospital!! all good!!! :)

11. Marcel

I like your post about the comment on the post too, LOL

12. Marcel

Just a little something for the pain...

Don't let it get you down :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
  13. daveeliver

Hi DCA
    Good luck in hospital.
    I'll post review of DG in Galway here and DF on his website. I was going to see David Ford at Sale, but when he announced he was playing in Liverpool on 19th December, changed my mind as I didn't really fancy Hugh Cornwell.
    Loved the 2 Davids in London and David Ford,. Jarrod Dickenson and Emily Groves at The Deaf Institute Manchester.
    Greetings from Liverpool
    Roll on December 11th

14. davidcotyalex

I was thinking yesterday oh that dave lol!!! good to see ya good to see ya! but how did we miss at the two davids?! that was one of the most brilliant days ever when I walked out of a meeting at goldman to attend such festivities lmfao.............what a great night that was eh? the line-up was brilliant - the night I fell in love with gabriella cilmi!!! and then the good fortunate of having marcel and hans join for the night - a quiete dinner with mr wibbs and then really enjoyed listening to each - funny pic of that attached! I was pretty much out of my mind that night so the performances don't even register much! I do though remember the crazy finish getting completely hammered with many including joey love and rob h at the renaissance st pancras - I am just glad all I had to do was take the elevator to bed

have a great time at all the shows and please report back.............haven't been to the ford board in ages - good to see this one back up and running - from the looks of this though family ford doesn't have the likes of said marcel in their pocket lol! with all due respect to the other wibbs........:)

EDIT: oh we traveled with Ford Jarrod and Emily on the east coast - went to the shows in asbury park and philly and then did a little deal with all on their day off in dc - was a lot of fun..............wibss joey love and bobby six along for most of all that so great crew!! We still follow Jarrod pretty regularly and hope to get to another show of his in 14.........

15. davidcotyalex

16. davidcotyalex

lol............some have suggested I look like a sap........I prefer watching greatness alongside greatness!!

17. davidcotyalex

Attached files [​IMG]

jan likes this.
  18. davidcotyalex

back on topic..................looking forward to the reviews of this gig!! :D

19. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

According to this today's posting on Fb there are a few tickets left for the Galway concert!

Mary Whitty Got an email still tickets available for Galway. If anyone is still looking.

20. daveeliver

Hi All Just in case anybody else was wondering, the etickets for the Salthill/Galway concert are being sent out this weekend (7th/8th December) Anybody else going? A few of us from Liverpool are meeting up with a few Galway friends and will be enjoying ourselves in Galway on Tuesday and Wednesday. The craic will be good!