Sep 27, 2014 - Bayou Music Center - Houston, TX

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by Justink, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Justink

Justink New Grayhead

Anyone going?

2. Gaby

Gaby New Grayhead

This is the setlist. As soon as I have a chance I'll post more. But it was amazing!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  3. Gaby

Gaby New Grayhead

Not sure if I posted the image right...

4. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

nicely done........especially on the sig!

Gaby likes this.
  5. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Beautiful setlist - thank you for posting it, Gaby.

Gaby likes this.
  6. hemstad

hemstad New Grayhead

Am I crazy remembering Shine being played in Houston or was that a dream?

7. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

Last minute, it all came together. Kari and I flew into Houston and met Michelle and Samantha (N. Carolina & Texas friends ). Kari and I did not know that the venue was the old Verizon. We saw David there, with DCA years before. This show was amazing. Houston loves David. Loads of dancing and people standing through all of Nemesis, the final song of the night. So many great songs I have not heard live in years. I didn't get a set list, it's time other fans should have their turn to collect them. Justink, I didn't see you there, but maybe you got a set list. My weekend is still a blur flying in from Seattle that morning and back home Sunday afternoon. Kari will post some of the set here later. Thank you David, Robbie, Keith, Tim, Caroline, John, Kitt and Neem(sp). This is a truly magical album ! :cat:

Gaby, Rena and Michelle Credle like this.
  8. Michelle Credle

Michelle Credle Member Grayhead

Well said, Eileen! It was a fabulous night! Haven't heard Be Mine & Slow Motion in years but I truly love every song on the new album. Off to Charleston next with Rosalie and Wolfie. Can't wait!

Gaby and wolfie like this.
  9. Michelle Credle

Michelle Credle Member Grayhead

You are not crazy. He did play Shine. :)

10. hemstad

hemstad New Grayhead

Good. That show was me and the little lady's first night out from the kids in a while and I may have *ahem indulged a bit too much so I wasn't totally sure. I wonder why it wasnt on the set list, like if he played based on crowd reaction or something. I love that so so much, glad to see it live.

Michelle Credle likes this.
  11. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thank you for the setlists and sharing your thoughts friends. This sounds like just another amazing night with David and the band.

I merged the two threads on the Houston show into one so all the info stays in one place and is easier to find.

Gaby likes this.
  12. Gaby

Gaby New Grayhead

Some pictures of the show :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JackieJo, Rena, carmel59 and 5 others like this.
  13. Gaby

Gaby New Grayhead

And some videos...

He did play Shine I think before Ain't No Love

RosalieEP, sixstringedman and wolfie like this.
  14. Gaby

Gaby New Grayhead

Now just some words about the experience. This was only my second show, the last one I didn’t get a chance to meet David. This time I had seats on the 4th. row right at the center, I got a set list, met David, had my pic and things autographed, so it was really a DREAM COME TRUE, I’m so thankful!!! My husband drove us there and one of my sisters traveled with us too so she could take care of my 2 year old boy while we were at the concert, so I’m very grateful everything worked out for me to be there.

The show was amazing, David gave all of him in every song, like it was a first show after a long time. He was so energetic, moving dancing jumping with the upbeat songs, and adding his amazing touch to the slower songs. The crowd responded accordingly and even though I don’t have many references of other shows, I felt everybody was having a great time, involving singing along, clapping along some songs, standing up at the final songs, etc.

At the end I headed to the back door and about 40 mins later David showed up. He was really nice, taking time to take pics and sign stuff, and chatting with the fans. There were about 15 people there. One thing I was nicely surprised with, was to find about 3 kids among those fans (some not there because of their moms but being real fans as I could see). And one fun thing that happened is that while David was there, an ice cream truck came by (those with the loud music), and it just parked right beside us, music all the way up. So David looked up with this look like saying, what is this and why is there an ice cream truck here at 1:00 AM? and everybody was giggling. Then one of the kids actually approached the truck to get ice cream, and then David said something like, there you go, the driver must have spotted that kid from the distance. And we laughed again.

I read from previous posts that some of you were there too, I really wish I would’ve met you! but being so new to this forum I didn’t know anyone. I hope next time!

15. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Gaby - thank you so much for sharing your photos and videos with us. I loved reading your thoughts on the show and meeting David. You had a magical night, for sure - there is nothing better than a dream coming true. So funny about the ice cream truck. Great description - I can totally picture it! Thank you, again and congratulations!

Michelle Credle and Gaby like this.
  16. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Thank you Gaby for a great review along with photos!! What a great experience for your second concert.

Michelle Credle likes this.