Sept. 24. 2014 Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theate,

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by nevermind, Sep 25, 2014.

1. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

wolfie likes this.
  2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thanks for that @nevermind .

I wonder if The Other Side was played. One of my all time favourites.

3. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Sadly it was not played. But so happy to get Snow In Vegas solo and, of the course, Slow Motion, which was wonderful to hear again! It took me long enough but it was great to finally attend my first DG show in Texas. :)

4. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

about time!

5. wolfie

Nevermind, thank you for starting this thread and posting the setlist.

Dca, I know, right?!?

I was very excited about this show as I had some great times in Austin a long time ago and I was very much looking forward to a long overdue return visit. The venue was nice enough but not a lot of character like in the old theatres. The crowd surprised me - I don't know why but I was expecting it to be much more lively. Everyone was very respectful for the most part, which was great, but, for example, the crowd was very passive during TOIL and there were not many people standing during PFM until DG motioned for people to stand. However, it was a good, nice crowd. Can't ask for more than that!

I am so conflicted about Birds of the High Arctic because it is such a good opener but I hate not having it to look forward to. The bottom line, though, is that I love it any and every time! It was cute when DG grabbed the guitalele some people started yelling out "Last Summer " and DG said, "yes, Last Summer." So clearly some big fans in the audience. I was thrilled to be able to hear Slow Motion again. It fits into the current setlist so well, the same way Alibi and Otherside do, too. Seeing that Snow in Vegas was in parenthesis I am so relieved that it was played. DG says that song came straight from the heart and the solo piano version goes straight to the heart. Once everyone got to their feet and started clapping along PFM was a lot of fun. Great show.

Marcel, RosalieEP, Rena and 3 others like this.
  6. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

So true @wolfie!:)

7. wbhendrix

wbhendrix New Grayhead

i just found this site today and there's my wife's photo on the top of this topic! haha

i recorded the show the other night and just posted it online for everyone to hear! NEMESIS was amazzzinnnnnggg. I remember getting lost in the moment and starring at the ceiling with all the lights flashing around the room like stars raining on the crowd. It was truly a captivating performance. Check it out!

https://archive.org/details/dg2014-09-24.wbhendrix.flac24

nevermind, Rena, carmel59 and 2 others like this.
  8. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Nice story! :D Welcome here and thank you for the recording!

9. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

It's so great to see Slow Motion played again! The lyrics of this song are SOOOOO damn mighty! One of my loved songs!

And Flames too!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    nevermind likes this.
  10. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Love you tapers!! Thank you so much for posting!

John likes this.
  11. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Girl like you is incredible, but Snow in Vegas Solo is THE killer!!! More from the heart is not possible! <3

12. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

fts opener..........brilliance

setting the tone is more important

13. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Wow that nemesis impro!! "This land doesn't belong to the lobbyists or the nerds down in silicon valley etc.." I love his little statements!

14. wolfie

Agreed about Birds of the High Arctic being a great opener. I also happen to like BITW as an opener - but much more literal, of course.

@wbhendrix, thanks for sharing your recording. I can't wait to get a chance to listen to it.