Sept. 30, 2014 - The Fillmore - Miami Beach, FL.

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by wolfie, Sep 30, 2014.

1. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

My first time ever seeing DG in Florida. The beach! A DG show! Does it get any better?!? :)

To anyone else out there who is going, have a great time and please come back after the show and share your thoughts, photos, videos, etc!

Cathleen and VickiC like this.
  2. wolfie

Setlist for Miami:

Birds of the High Arctic

Girl Like You

Back in the World

As the Crow Flies

Mutineers

Beautiful Agony

Last Summer

My Oh My

Fugitive

Kathleen

Other Side

Incredible

TYL

Hold On (solo)

Babylon (solo)

Be Mine

Sail Away

TOIL

PFM

----------------------------

Silver Lining

Nemesis

Fresa, RosalieEP, Cathleen and 2 others like this.
  3. Cathleen

Cathleen New Grayhead

Amazing show. This was the second time that we saw him here in Miami. David was gracious enough to stay and take pictures and sign posters afterwards. I have a few very short vids that I can try posting later along with some pics. Silver Lining was beautiful and loved Mutineers and Last Summer. Opener David Kitt's version of When Doves Cry was a great surprise to hear.

RosalieEP, wolfie, carmel59 and 2 others like this.
  4. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thank you for the setlist @wolfie . Yet another amazing setlist. And he played Hold On. Very nice.

And thanks to @Cathleen for your report on the show. I would have liked to hear that song by David Kitt. Both he and John Smith are talented musicians and a joy to have as openers. I really hope they will keep the routine of them opening for David on the European/UK tour.

wolfie and John like this.
  5. wolfie

Cathleen, welcome to the board and thanks sharing your thoughts on the show. I'm sure any pictures or videos you post would be most appreciated! Congrats on meeting David. :)

I really enjoyed the Miami show. Crowd was a little off - this was one of the times when I sensed a little bit of impatience with the Mutineers stuff and maybe some high expectations of what was going to be played (there was a girl next to me said it was her first show ever and who was upset he didn't play Lead Me Upstairs... I mean, really?!?). But I was really very excited about the show and nothing was going to dampen my spirits! Highlights for me were BITW, Mutineers, Hold On, Be Mine, Silver Lining and Nemesis. Hold On was just raw, pure beauty. I loved how into Nemesis the crowd got at the end. I got chills. David's voice issues were most noticeable to me during Birds of the High Arctic and Last Summer. Most of the time, it was hardly noticeable. Reading his Instagram message made me incredibly sad. I just want to say that even with one hand tied behind his back David is the BEST at what he does and the Miami show was a great show. Thank you to him for staying in the fight and never giving up.

6. Cathleen

Cathleen New Grayhead

Wolfie, thanks for the welcome. Hope you got to enjoy Miami Beach a little while you were here.

Hubby and I agreed that this was a better crowd than four years ago in the same venue, but while talking to others decided that the crowd here was just "off" as you say. Two couples in front of us asked each other if they knew any of the songs being played. Seriously?

Even with voice issues which you wouldn't have guessed at most of the time, David played for over two hours and was enthusiastic about everything he played. A perfect evening.

wolfie likes this.
  7. wolfie

Thanks, Cathleen - I did!

I really did sense that a lot of people didn't know the Mutineers stuff at all. Which really I don't get at all by this point. But what do I know?!?

I agree about the enthusiasm from David and the band. They really gave it their all. I don't what it was about the show (again, maybe my own excitement and cheerful mood) but I loved it and had a great time. It sounds like you did, too!

Cathleen likes this.
  8. Cathleen

Cathleen New Grayhead

image.jpg image.jpg Some pictures. Not great but...Still working on video. Enjoy.

sixstringedman, wolfie and RosalieEP like this.
  9. Cathleen

Cathleen New Grayhead

Two short videos. Enjoy.

wolfie and sixstringedman like this.
  10. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

LOOOOOOOVe Silver Lining, thank you

Cathleen likes this.
  11. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

Interesting crowd and venue. There were bars everywhere including right down on either side of orchestra level, so lots of crowd movement. Down in the pit area, folks kept having to move, as it appeared they were in the wrong seats, and five minutes later they were moving back. We were left of stage in the second row of orch. Thankfully, the pit was a few steps down and didn't block our view at all. First full opening set by Dave Kitt for me as he split the opener with John Smith at the Ryman. Never expected to hear a Prince song, but it was a nice surprise.
    Dave came out to great applause and got the crowd going with Birds and all his energetic dancing. I think it was this show that Fugitive got a HUGE response. His voice was probably as rough or maybe more so. It hurt to listen to Last Summer's "like a century". He still gave 110 percent and an "Incredible" performance. Nice to hear Beautiful Agony again, since I had not heard that live since April. I guess the upside of Dave having to drop some songs is that it leaves an opening for others. Such a nice evening - our hotel, The Redbury, was only a two block stroll away.

12. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

Forgot to mention that at The Redbury, we met folks from London who were at David's MoxAfrica performance. They were friends of the person who organized the event. They were surprised to hear that I knew about it and even more surprised to hear that David was in Miami that night. Oh, and the rooms had turntables - perfect for playing any album you happened to have just bought.;)

13. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

Neil Mccormick my dear............was the host

you should have recalled yours truly hans and marcel were at that gig!!

and ford played a set

and we all got REALLY hammered back at st pancras..........if I recall holden and a few others were privy

if there is ever proof there is a god it is that i made my flight at city at 9am the next day.........

cheers!!