September 23, 2014 - Majestic Theater, Dallas TX

Discussion in '2014 August September October - USA' started by davidcotyalex, Sep 21, 2014.

1. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

Stoked to slow down stop traveling and take it easy in my home town as well (hope ya have a blast wolfie)!!

The Majestic is a great venue and happy to just realize that is where they are giggin. Hope to see some grayheads there................anyone round here going??

2. Justink

Justink New Grayhead

Nope. Unless anyone has an extra for me...?

I will be recording (hopefully) the Houston show though.

3. davidcotyalex

ahhh sorry just responded to your pm.............got it!

4. davidcotyalex

5. Klilycat

Klilycat New Grayhead

No reviews yet?

6. Klilycat

Klilycat New Grayhead

Oops, for some reason I thought the Dallas show was last night..... still on my high from Sunday's showo_O

7. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Have a great one tonight!

8. davidcotyalex

thanks.............great primer last night

ready to rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

sixstringedman and RosalieEP like this.
  9. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

Have a fantastic show! Looking forward to the reviews and here's hoping you get Alibi, dca!

davidcotyalex likes this.
  10. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Have fun tonight, all! I'm sick sick sick that he's playing this close to me and I can't be there!! This working for a living stinks! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

11. indeediwill

indeediwill New Grayhead

We are here!! They even have out a new poster at the merch table with Texas on it! Can't wait!!

12. indeediwill

indeediwill New Grayhead

Great show, he played tidal wave instead of Alibi, no complaints, lively crowd. Here's the setlist.

Attached Files:

13. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Tidal Wave... interesting - he played that at the Grammy Museum in L.A. earlier this month, too. Slow Motion - nice. Ahhhh, Snow In Vegas solo!!!! What a treat you all got! Glad it was such a great show.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    RosalieEP likes this.
  14. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thank you for the set list . What a great choice of songs.

Sorry you did not get Alibi, DCA. I hope you and everyone else had a great night anyway!

15. Seneca

Seneca Active Grayhead

Man, what I would give to hear Slow Motion live. It's one of my top DG songs that I haven't heard yet. Hopefully it sticks around until the next NA tour cycle.

16. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Same here about Slow Motion. So curious to hear the changes they probably have added to the song. They always improve songs even more when playing them again after a long break.

17. davidcotyalex

What a fantastic couple of days..............was great that they were here for a day off

while they were obviously still in the throes of the lag you certainly couldn't tell it from the show........and hats off to ya Dallas - he was spot on when he said how great the crowd was....really really great excitement

a couple standard douche moments like "I love you" and then the "I love you more" retort - just stoopid and the occasional drunken shout out or the girl in front of us who must have got up three times during the show and then the two left early??!! lmfao

the venue - while I have been there before - is just great...........classic 1920s vintage with a capacity of 1,700 - just perfect for this iteration of the band / sound - the gal next to me - a friend of robbie's - had seen them at chastain in atlanta and totally agreed that outdoor venues are not the way to go for this....anyway

oh and the seats??!! for the armchair rocker I am they were perfect - incredibly comfy but they also rocked back and forth - I am sure much to my neighbors' chagrin but whatevs lol!

any way just looking at some random notes and high points

High Arctic is just a special way to start out the show.........just great and rena to me the outro was worked on for this tour as I didn't recognize it and it was truly special - just wonderful

During Back we had a classic Lawrence moment - was great to see ya btw sir! - when a cord must have dislodged or something because he came running out did the best baseball slide I have ever seen across the stage plugged it back together and scooted off...was just awesome!!!

hats off to whomever was doing the lights or the fact that they put some dollars behind them because they were absolutely fantastic last night - just a wonderful presentation - I mean seriously radiohead type level if you ask me

the remainder of the mutineers songs all were great and sounded very tight - as always mutineers itself just stellar - a little clip

at the end of Girl - which I really enjoyed - he said "thanks for your patience Dallas" and then ripped into Sail Away which was fun as always

chose mom as my re-stock / head run song - not sure about the comment on the book about upbeat version as the last couple minutes I saw while waiting in the back - and the chance to say hey to graham - nice to see ya too sir! - sounded pretty much the same as of recent vintage but who knows?? (oh and by the way you people that think it ok to come and go during songs - return to seats dislodging EVERYONE in the row when the song is peaking - go fecccck off you idiots..................it is soooooo simple - it is called common courtesy.........WAKE UP and get yer head out of yer selfish ARCE!!!!).......it isn't that much to ask to simply wait in the back and then go back to your seat in between songs

Anyway slid back in for Slow Motion - absolutely a highlight of the night for us - and sorry kids - but an incredibly romantic moment with coty............probably the highlight of the evening

toil was toil

but gulls???!!! tears in the eyes stuff and coty rolling hers lol. but seriously absolutely beautiful - thanks so much to the band and david for this gift. seriously.

agreed that snow solo is very cool - I definitely prefer it that way and really brought me back to sundance when we were so lucky to have been the first audience to hear that song

had I known at the time it was in place of alibi I most likely would not feel this way but Tidal Wave was incredibly unexpected and just great

fugitive was a lot of fun and really got the crowd back into it after the mellowing out

and then silver lining?? fantastic

sorry to say but pfm is now in babylon territory for me so not the greatest closer (again for me personally) but the audience loved it so all good

quick return and great tyl followed by nemesis..............knew at that point no alibi but after a brief moment really got into it and how could one not??!!

all in all another great show.......not sure of the count now but somewhere in the mid 60s I think - and this one absolutely as good as any of the others (for the most part haha!)

so thanks for moving our city with your love - because at the end of the day that is all we are looking for and all we really need................you guys sounded great.....and know that our door is always open - happy to grill up texas waygu or vegen burgers no matter!! how long does vegenaise last I wonder lol??!!

a few snaps................not bad seats - and thanks so much for that!!

all our best

dca

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    Marcel, Saintsfan, KirstenH and 6 others like this.
  18. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Thanks for the review, DCA! I had my outdoor show a few weeks ago (which was the most unique show I have ever been to and I'd never, ever give it back), but I decided to add on an indoor venue coming up because, I agree, I like him indoors. Yours looks like it was a great one for sure! I've been lucky enough to see Slow Motion live, but I'd love to see it with this band. If only I could get myself up to the mid-60's as well!

19. Michelle Credle

Michelle Credle Member Grayhead

Lol, Rosalie.... unique, indeed! That's one way to put it. Looking forward to our indoor venue. We may need water wings to get to it, though, if this crazy weather keeps up. I have my fingers crossed for Slow Motion at that one. :) Nice review, DCA. Thank you.

20. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thanks for the great review @DCA . This sounds like a fantastic show .

Of course, I need to hear that new outro you've mentioned!