Slow

Discussion in 'Help' started by Main, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Main

Main Active Grayhead

The forums are very slow for me. It has been like this from the beginning. It takes ages to load the "home" page. I know Marcel is busy in Ireland and I don't want to stress anyone. But in time, would be nice if it would become a bit faster. :)

2. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

I could write lots of things here but yes you are mostly right, I had to make lots of choices in very little time and made the choice to work with the latest version of the software which is not yet so fast. It is not a hosting thing, and we will try and improve but this will take time as we need the developers to speed up the code.

Take care,

Marcel.

3. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

I use Firefox and it takes 10-12 seconds to load.........but my videos appear and disappear

4. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

I use google chrome, takes a little while to load homepage, but once on seems fine.

:)

5. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Thank you Marcel :)

6. Marcel

Just a quick note to let you guys know I am working on a new version already,and could possibly be available over the next few weeks..

If only I did not have a job and a little baby... I would be so miserable writing an excellent record LOL

So, its a work in progress but will get published soon I hope... I already like it so I am sure you guys will too :)

Marcel.

7. Marcel

Quick update, the new forum software is about ready and we will migrate over the next two weeks he way things are looking now. As we store user passwords in a secure way everyone will have to reset their password once after the migration is done, everyone will receive an e-mail with instructions.

The update will change the look and feel, and more importantly the speed will improve...

Take care !

Marcel

8. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

New and improved for a new year! :) Thank you for all of your hard work Marcel.

9. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Just doing some testing on Marcel's new upgrade.And I can tell you - this is going to be fast indeed! Plus coming with some other great features that will make the forum experience even better. Well worth waiting for. Our technical wizard Marcel has outdone himself once again...

Soon...

:)

10. Marcel

Okay, anyone still have issues with speed ?

:D

Welcome back !

Marcel.

nevermind likes this.
  11. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Very fast indeed! Thank you very much for all the time you are investing in the forums!