The Head and the Heart

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by davidcotyalex, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

I actually listened to their self titled album today because of this thread!

davidcotyalex and RosalieEP like this.
  2. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

:jawdrop:
    And what did you think? Down in the Valley, Honey Come Home, Rivers and Roads, Lost in My Mind...oh so good from beginning to end! The new album is a bit more modern sounding, less folky, but just as good to me. Another Story, Gone, 10,000 Weight, Cruel...ok, have to run and get them in my ears again.

daveeliver and davidcotyalex like this.
  3. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

1ok weight for me from the new one.........and totally agree ros on the self release - very solid and diverse effort

jos is right the second album was his f' up as it is way too dominated by jon songs........his new three though I think are a hugely good sign :)

4. RosalieEP

It's true he's hardly on this album. It's like he and Charity switched places. It is primarily a Jon album for sure, though I won't complain too much since his songs are also the strongest on it, imo. I'm glad to know Josiah has more in the pipeline because I thought his on the first album were so good.

5. davidcotyalex

jon is a more prolific songwriter...........jos needs to get away and have his own space so that is why he missed because jon was able to write while they were on the road ........ little thath factoids :)

RosalieEP likes this.
  6. davidcotyalex

mr dave liver are you in there??!! pic taken a few minutes before paul thomas sanders took the stage :)

hope you enjoyed them as much as those of us on this side of the pond do!!

interested in your thoughts

[​IMG]

7. daveeliver

daveeliver Member Grayhead

photo.JPG Hi,
    Router (and work)problems, so apologies for delay in responding.

I think I must be slightly to the left, just off the picture.
    Didn't try pushing to the front but had a good view despite tall, camera wielding, fans.
    Really enjoyed the concert and loved the interplay between the members of the band.
    It was a fun show and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves and talking like an American 'having a blast!'.
    Josiah lay on his back with his head on the edge of the stage while Jon was singing and tempted Manchester ladies...
    In Liverpool there would have had even more audience participation!

Perhaps the drums and keyboards could have been less prominent but maybe it was where I was standing.

I thought the album 'Let's be still' had been overproduced but the sound on the record was similar to what you hear live.
    Really talented songwriters and if it were possible to see them in an intimate venue playing acoustically, life would be near perfect, (lucky people at the upcoming USA house concert).

Rivers and Roads,Shake, Homecoming Heroes and Let's be Still were highlights of the nearly 1 + 3/4hour show.
    Would love my Liverpool friends to see them. The journey to and from Manchester is a drag on a wet Sunday night.
    I must start to work out who wrote what, but does it really matter.
    Made me remember CSNY and a few other bands from a few years ago.

Off to York tomorrow to see David Ford and Jarrod, should be a good night and staying overnight in York will be a bonus.
    Take care all.

RosalieEP, VickiC and nevermind like this.
  8. davidcotyalex

First of all as i have told you occasions please stop apologizing.....even if your report sucked - which of course it didn't - it would still be better than nothing.

but yes very well done!!! your summary certainly brought a big smile to my face if that is worth anything...............i am very glad you enjoyed and yeah they are a bunch of american bozos.........that is why for the most part my better friends are josiah and tyler lol..........but one thing don't bash too harsh on the rhythm as for one tyler smashin is a huge pr piece lol and kenny deserves a huge amount of recognition for the composition - he is a genius.....so give them their just deserts!!

enjoy ford and jarrod.............have a blast

thanks again for the report!

9. RosalieEP

Glad you enjoyed them!

10. davidcotyalex

soooooo...................THIS happened last night!!!

and totally random...............i just happen to be here on business AND they are staying at the same hotel I am at lmfao! So I am heading for a stroll to a bar last night and who pops out of a cab but russell and some gorgeous chick!!! they went up to do thar thing but I headed straight to park side for the most awesome of nights!!!

needless to say I extended my reservation by a day!

#work #fingerprint #fate #thath #birmingham

[​IMG]

Saintsfan, nevermind and RosalieEP like this.
  11. davidcotyalex

as I told tyler its not like i am some fecken fanboy and am checking their dang tour schedule every day hahahahaha!!

RosalieEP likes this.
  12. RosalieEP

It kills me that I wasn't able to see them when they were in town last week! Bah!

davidcotyalex likes this.
  13. Saintsfan

Saintsfan Member Grayhead

They were awesome in NOLA !

RosalieEP and davidcotyalex like this.
  14. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Dec. 3rd, live stream, Yahoo Live

RosalieEP likes this.
  15. davidcotyalex

greetings y'all

been a tumultuous start to 2015 with the house basically burning down but that's another story (ba boom tish)

anyhoo we moved into the lease house on wed and inaugurated it with another fantastic #snellysessions...........many thought the best one yet

but we purposefully kept it small and local - 24 lucky souls were part of a great evening mostly of them trying out their new material for the third album with some great songs from Carleigh Aikins as well - we have an interesting situation if you ask me - qb battle as to who is the starter perhaps??!! cuz if you ask me I am on the side of my gal! special guest at the last hour was jon - really made it special.......also got stellar renditions of said another story, let's be still and honey come home by jos. Josiah was chatting this morning they played for 90 minutes but it didn't feel like it at all - so awesome!

pic is from the private dinner after the gig - entire weekend tho was fantastic as we killed it friday night til 4 and then yesterday's greatness ................been dealing with coming down jitters today!

best

[​IMG]

Rena, KirstenH, RosalieEP and 2 others like this.
  16. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Looks like a great evening! Glad that you could finally leave the hotel and that your life is getting back to normal step by step. :)

17. carmel59

all I saw in that post was "house basically burning down". Hope all is well with you and your family!!!! Music & friends, heh? the best!!!

18. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Sorry to hear about the house! :(

19. davidcotyalex

thanks all for the love - it is a royal pain in the neck but thankfully no one was hurt or anything - and because the fire dept was so quick they at least got it under control so almost all of our personal stuff was saved even our wardrobe :)

and at the end of the day we get a 12-year gut redo!!:D

but 10 weeks waiting in the home2 suites as nevermind knows was a royal pain - I seriously felt like I was getting out of jail haha!

and yes Carmel having that crew staying with us through the first weekend was a good way to inaugurate this lease home - the only problem is most like it better than our home ouch!!! :confused:

Rena and carmel59 like this.
  20. carmel59

Well, it only counts that you like your home and that redo. You sound like you have a great attitude through it all. All the best!!!
    Here's a bit that never gets old, for me anyway. The word "stuff" becomes absolutely ridiculous after awhile.Hope it brings you a good laugh!!