Wexford - Wexford Opera House - Dec 9, 2013

Discussion in 'Tour 2013 in Ireland Sounding Out' started by Rena, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

All conversation about the December 9, 2013 show at Wexford Opera House - Wexford can go into this thread. This includes all the excitement, pre-concert meet ups and post concert conversations, reports, setlists...

2. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Let's get the ball rollin'! Tickets en route (so I've been told), hotel booked, train booked, champagne chilling. Can't sleep with excitement. Wexford, brace yourself. Lou

3. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Lou - photos I've seen of the Wexford Opera House are lovely and I'm sure the acoustics will be great there. I hope you have a wonderful time at the show and report back here about it afterward. Enjoy!!

4. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

oooh I missed this - great post lou!!!!!! let's get the ball rollin indeed...........I am getting excited about y'all getting excited!!!

have a blast and throw us a few bones that you may along the way!! so jealous yet so happy for everyone that will be able to take in these great shows - i really think this will be great - all i have heard indicate all good!! the choir should be interesting - and cool!!

and have fun wolfie - if there is anyone out there to crack the irish itinerary logistics it is you!!! so happy that you were able to sort the trip on the short notice and with so much else goin on with you - just fantastic!!

bestest all for a great tour!!!!

5. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Thanks Wolfie & DCA for getting excited with me, I will do my best to get some good video clips that DON'T include my voice !!! I tried to get a ticket for Sunday night's radio show here in Dublin, I phoned nearly every number is RTE (broadcasting body) pleading my case but no luck. Anyway, let's not be greedy.....roll on Dec 9th.

6. Ted K

Ted K Member Grayhead

Booked flights out of Boston, able to get tickets for Kilkenny and Wexford. Going to catch Foy Vance in Galway Friday, David on Sat and Mon and Josh Ritter in Dublin on Tuesday, before flying home Wed. 5 night, 4 concert tour of Ireland. An early 50th birthday present to myself. Leaving tomorrow, so looking forward to it. The early reviews and set lists sound amazing.

7. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

oh hey ted i saw your post on FB.............what a great trip for you!! I remember even mentioning it to my wife that you not only get DG boy also Foy and Josh - stupendous!!!

love to have you stick around and share your reviews and pics from the gigs (security has been tiggggggght!!) and then after when we have some lulls before the big tour in 14...........welcome welcome

DCA

8. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Wow! Now that's the way to go! I love Foy Vance too! You're amazing! This sounds like a dream to me. Enjoy every minute!

9. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Arrived in Dublin last night from the Netherlands, catching the train to Wexford in an hour. There are no words to describe how excited I am to see David play live for the 1st time ever, and in such a special setting! Just thinking about hearing Kathleen live is enough to make me fill up. Should anyone want to meet up pre show, give me a shout out. I'll be getting to Wexford around 4pm. Can't wait! Xx Nat

10. wolfie

Lou, Ted, Nat and everyone else going to the show in Wexford tonight, I know you are all going to have an amazing night tonight. Can't wait to hear all about it! Nat, if I were going to the show I would have been happy to meet up pre-show. So excited for you with this being your first show!!!

11. liverbird

liverbird New Grayhead

Excited..where is everyone meeting up pre show and after show??

12. liverbird

liverbird New Grayhead

Flying solo ticket buddy bailed so message me any1 meeting up 087 9919876 also have a spare if any1 interested..

13. wolfie

You have a spare ticket?? Arghh, I knew I should have just headed for Wexford this morning. :) Wish I weren't so far away. Have a great time tonight!

14. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

Yeah, I have a spare too. Ordered 1 but was emailed 2. Train's delayed so will meeting pre show might be getting tight. Any pubs nearby the Opera House?

15. liverbird

liverbird New Grayhead

Yes Any Pubs near opera house??:cool:

16. liverbird

liverbird New Grayhead

Yes any pubs near opera house grayheads????

17. JustNat

JustNat Member Grayhead

I'll find it; just getting ready now so should be there in about half an hour, 45mind

18. wolfie

Okay, now time is going too slow... can't wait to read about the show tonight. :) Someone please come back with the set list! I saw some girls were requesting The Light for tonight. If he plays it I will cry happy tears for them and sad tears I wasn't there to hear it. Enjoy, everyone - I think it's going to be a great one!!

19. liverbird

liverbird New Grayhead

What time does Dave hit the stage?

20. wolfie

Door open at 7:30 PM? If so, Lisa should be on around 8:00 PM and David should go on around 9:00 PM.