Which songs would you like David to play in London Feb 5, 6, 7?

Discussion in '2014 February UK' started by Rena, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

A couple of days ago on his facebook page David wrote as follows:

Halloo there. DG band will be heading in to rehearsals for the London shows in a week or so, any requests for songs that don't often see the light of day?

So? Did any of you request songs? If so which songs? Let's discuss what we would all love to hear and why.

2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Alright. I did not post on the fb yet but for me there cannot be enough unpublished songs and songs from the upcoming albums. All things I haven't had a chance of hearing live yet would amaze me.

3. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

I whined at him to play Nightblindness.... :D

4. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

I didn't reply because I couldn't come up with one answer! Songs he hasn't played in a while: I'd love Lullaby, Freedom, As I'm Leaving, The Light, and Easy Way to Cry come to mind. And though played on the Irish tour, my ultimate is Gathering Dust, but also Gutters full of Rain, Coming Down, L's Song, Everytime and Debauchery. Yeah, it's a lot, but I'd love to hear any one of those come out into rotation again.

Kari likes this.
  5. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

I couldn't post any requests on fb since I don't have a fb account. If I could post I would probably request The Light (!!!), Debauchery, Destroyer and Last Boat to America. I like all of the requests before mine, too. :)

Kari likes this.
  6. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

I asked on Fb for what I always asked for:
    A Clean Pair Of Eyes ( please with Tim Bradshaw on the piano!). Seems I'm kinda obsessed with this song.:cat:

Kari, RosalieEP and carmel59 like this.
  7. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

What would it take for him to play "Smile"
    Like, seriously. I've wanted to know how to play that for YEARS!!!!!

Kari and RosalieEP like this.
  8. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

That's another good one!

9. Kari

Kari Member Grayhead

I couldn't even come up with just one song. Just as I'm like yes that is the one, I hear another song and I'm like no, no that's the one. To hard to choose. Maybe he just needs to play a 3 night weekend camp out show. Start from song one and work his way through all of his songs over the 3 days. Then he would cover them all and no need to pick just one. :p

10. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

BRILLIANT!

Kari likes this.
  11. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

That's okay, Nevermind. I've been obsessed with many of David's song.;)

RosalieEP, nevermind and Kari like this.
  12. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

He's finally playing Gathering Dust semi-regularly so I got nothing. Well, actually pretty much anything pre-White Ladder that he usually doesn't play. Smile would be a great pick for sure.

RosalieEP likes this.
  13. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Well, other than Please Forgive Me on Friday, he didn't pull out anything in London that wasn't played in Ireland. So, there are plenty of songs that haven't seen the light of day recently left for the next time. ;)

RosalieEP likes this.